PDA

View Full Version : Resort Christmas Decorations

WDWCP Spring99
11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Christmas decorations have gone up in the resorts yet (Port Orleans Riverside particularly)? My wife and I will be arriving on the 11th and I love to see the parks and resorts decorated for Christmas.

Also, is the area theme music switched over to something more Christmas-y? Or would that come after Thanksgiving?

Thanks so much!

Kenny1113
11-06-2014, 05:14 PM
We were there last nov around the same time (nov 14-17) and many Christmas decorations were up. If I remember correctly Main Street in MK was playing Christmas music -I know we heard Christmas music in the park.

Katzateer
11-07-2014, 07:58 AM
We were there last nov around the same time (nov 14-17) and many Christmas decorations were up. If I remember correctly Main Street in MK was playing Christmas music -I know we heard Christmas music in the park.

wow! Really! I thought they didn't start all the Christmas music, etc. until the day after Thanksgiving. I know the decorations are going up but surprised the festivities start so soon. Holiday burnout- it starts way too soon.

mydisneygirls
11-07-2014, 08:32 AM
wow! Really! I thought they didn't start all the Christmas music, etc. until the day after Thanksgiving. I know the decorations are going up but surprised the festivities start so soon. Holiday burnout- it starts way too soon.

When we were there the last week of August, the Halloween decorations were all out! I agree, it starts way too soon and not only at Disney. Christmas decorations were in the stores around here a few weeks ago! BUT.....not being able to be at Disney around Halloween anymore because I can't take my kids out of school, I have to admit it was nice to see the decorations.

brownie
11-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Disney needs to start early to get all decorations up by Thanksgiving.

Kenny1113
11-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Yep it's not only disney. We have a holiday park down here that opens the day before halloween and runs through mid January. Gotta rake in the $$$$