PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands and Anual Pass confusion

rafiki fan
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
I am confused or maybe I got some bad advice from a CM. We are Annual Pass holders and were just at WDW in October. We are going back in January and have been told we need to go to the MDE and order new Magic Bands for the resort and new ones for being an Annual Passholder. Is this making any sense to anyone? I was also told about the battery life and it is good to have a backup, but two backups seems redundant.

dnickels
11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Each time you renew your AP you (can) get new bands and with each resort stay you (can) get new bands. From what I understand however you could just continue using your old bands by linking your pass or reservation to them.

minnie04
11-03-2014, 04:05 PM
We are AP holders too and every time we book a new trip we are given new magic bands through MDE. I guess because we are staying on property. I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking. :mickey:

VWL Mom
11-03-2014, 04:15 PM
As the others have said you get one for being an AP holder and one for the resort stay. The AP one will come with an AP slider for the band and in the bottom of the box there will be a discount card.

Goofeygal
11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Can't wait to get mine.

disneymom15
11-03-2014, 05:33 PM
As the others have said you get one for being an AP holder and one for the resort stay. The AP one will come with an AP slider for the band and in the bottom of the box there will be a discount card.

Thanks for the heads up. Need to look in the bottom of the box for the discount card.

ransam
11-03-2014, 11:15 PM
i'm getting very anxious to get ours.

tjstrike
11-04-2014, 04:21 AM

So, do you actually have to have both MBs or can you link the 2 together somehow ?

VWL Mom
11-04-2014, 06:50 AM
So, do you actually have to have both MBs or can you link the 2 together somehow ?

They'll both appear on your MDE account and are interchangeable, there's nothing you need to do. You only need to have one with you. Some people that have more than one pack them all and change colors throughout their stay.

azcavalier
11-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Yep, they ALL work. Every band you get. Period. You don't need to worry about packing the wrong one, or having one activated or deactivated. You control that through the My Disney Experience app or website.

Fangorn
11-04-2014, 07:33 PM
By default, all your MagicBands will be active and show on your MDE account. You CAN, if you want, deactivate one of more of them from you account. There's a button in MDE to do that. If you deactivate one, you can activate it again, also through the MDE app.

Any active band is completely interchangeable with any other active band on your account.

Steve

Claudielou
11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Will we each need our magic band to get into the parks? Going in April, can hardly wait!

azcavalier
11-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Will we each need our magic band to get into the parks? Going in April, can hardly wait!

Yes, of course. It's your ticket.

rafiki fan
11-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Thank you all for your input. And as for Minnie04 "I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking." I agree it does seem like a lot. "You want magic bands I have twenty but who cares I want more" :mickey: Have a magical day all!

ransam
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
the fast passes get very confusing. LOL

MissMaryPoppins
11-23-2014, 04:02 AM
I'm glad I found this post. I'm an AP holder and ordered a magic band in the spring. I love it and have linked all my resort stays to it. I have 3 bands I've deactivated and will never use. Is there a way to avoid to getting a new band each time you book a resort stay? My mother usually does the reservations so can let them know we already have bands and don't need new ones?

VWL Mom
11-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Is there a way to avoid to getting a new band each time you book a resort stay? My mother usually does the reservations so can let them know we already have bands and don't need new ones?

I checked on this during our August trip. I was told they were working on adding something to the MDE page which would let you opt out of getting a new band but I've not seen it so far.

VWL Mom
11-23-2014, 08:44 AM
I think it's a little much since I now have over 20 bands...lol, but if they want me to keep getting them I will. I change the colors and names on them to suit the trip we are taking. :mickey:

As I sit here getting ready to decorate my trees I had a silly though. As kids we used to make those construction paper chains to hang as decorations. Now we can gather all our magic bands and link them together to hang instead. :blush:

AgentC
11-23-2014, 10:31 AM
As I sit here getting ready to decorate my trees I had a silly though. As kids we used to make those construction paper chains to hang as decorations. Now we can gather all our magic bands and link them together to hang instead. :blush:

We should have a competition to see who can create the most interesting thing out of excess magic bands. :)

Melanie
11-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Yep, I said somewhere earlier that I could make a countdown chain with mine.

MissMaryPoppins
11-23-2014, 02:27 PM
I checked on this during our August trip. I was told they were working on adding something to the MDE page which would let you opt out of getting a new band but I've not seen it so far.

Thank you! I'll keep a lookout for that.

CanadianWDWFan
11-23-2014, 03:17 PM
What we were told was to not customize our bands on MDE. Then when we arrive to decline the bands, they would then be recycled/reused.

VWL Mom
11-23-2014, 03:55 PM
What we were told was to not customize our bands on MDE. Then when we arrive to decline the bands, they would then be recycled/reused.

That makes a lot of sense but I think that applies to outside the US only. According to the CM I spoke with if you are inside the US they autoship at 30 days out regardless of whether or not they are customized. Definitely worth a try though.