PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club transportation question?

Mendelson
11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Never stayed here before and but we are in January; I am enamored with the idea of being able to walk to Epcot.

Curious about getting to, say, MK from here, though. Do folks find it's better to take the bus directly to MK or rather walk through Epcot to the monorail and then monorail over.

I know that's a long walk; we are walkers and don't mind it. I also don't hate the busses. It's really more of a time issue. One faster than the other?

MCeee
11-03-2014, 12:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, after the MK bus picks up at Beach Club, it only has one more stop (Boardwalk) before heading directly to MK. That route could depend on the time of day, how large a load the bus has... etc.
Time wise... that's still probably a little faster than walking through the International Gateway and all the way through Epcot to get to the monorail.
We like to take the bus in the a.m., then ride the monorail back in the p.m., then hang out at Epcot.

VWL Mom
11-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Keep in mind, if you choose the monorail/Epcot route in either direction you need a park hopper. As far as time I think the bus may be a little quicker.

AgentC
11-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I have done it both ways but I think the bus is easier since it drops you up front and saves you the walk on the way back. Sometime you just don't want to walk all the way through Epcot to get back to the resort. :D

We tend to take the monorail at least once so the kids get an extra long monorail ride.

Mendelson
11-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks, all!

Yes, we'll have a hopper (should have mentioned that). I kind of like the idea of bussing in the morning and monorailing back, just to get one last taste of Epcot before getting to the resort.

Of course, it will also be determined by how pooped the 4.5yo and what he'd prefer. The monorail is fun for kids but he takes the DC metro all the time so the novelty level is a bit different.

brownie
11-04-2014, 01:14 PM
If you're trying to get to park open, cutting through Epcot to the monorail may not be the way to go. You could always take the monorail back to Epcot from the Magic Kingdom or just ride a loop.

SBETigg
11-04-2014, 03:39 PM
It's really a lot of extra walking and extra time to take the monorail to Epcot and walk through and then to your resort. So much easier and more direct to take the bus. Unless you happen to be enjoying a morning or evening at Epcot and straight to/from the MK, in which case monorail is best. But really, from a strictly transportation resort to/from the MK standpoint, the bus is the way to go.

awaggett
11-07-2014, 12:35 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club in May--loved it! We tended to bus to MK, but would take the Monorail back. We would usually grab a snack or drink on the way through World Showcase.