PDA

View Full Version : Availability @ The GFV 7 months out?

Disney_Barbie
11-03-2014, 10:16 AM
I was just curios if anyone has had any success booking the Villas @ the Grand Floridian on/after the 7-month mark?
We’ve tried a few times over again have not ever been able to get anything. We’ve just been looking to book 5-7 nights in a studio (lake or standard view) and even been flexible on our nights of the trip. But alas, thus far we’ve not had any success. I was curious if it’s just me & a string of poor luck or if everyone finds that they are entirely booked up by the time the 7-month mark rolls around?

Thanks!

DizneyRox
11-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, something tells me GFV is going to be one of those own where you want to stay resorts. There is 1BR availability for June/July but April/May it gets iffy.

It may die down over the years (especially once the Poly opens up) but it's tough to say. I think it's one of the smaller DVC. VWL used to be this way, but it seems to have gotten better.

Pirate Granny
11-03-2014, 08:11 PM
We scored a two bedroom lock off at 7 months last June...but it was only for two nights!

Hammer
11-06-2014, 03:25 PM
I was able to get a 2 bedroom at 7 months out for 5 nights this past October. I think it is because you are looking for a studio that you are having an issue. Studios seem to book up the quickest. We don't stay in the studios, so it is not an issue for us.

I'm going to move this to the DVC forum where you may get more replies.