PDA

View Full Version : Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Fire?

SBETigg
11-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Seeing reports that the Mine Train is on fire? Any news? Seems cause for concern.

*Newer reports say no injuries and still vary between small fire, already under control, to partial structure collapse. It's news just coming in so I guess it will be some time before we know exactly what happened and the extent of it, but the good news, if true, would be that there are no injuries. The cause appears to be related to fireworks.

Figaro
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Catching wind of the same. No details yet...

Edit...I've been able to catch some photos and a video. Appears to be a pretty decent size fire. Decent amount of flames and smoke showing.

Edit 2....Photo and Video media is beginning to make its way to news sites. Can't remember if we can post content here, but I'm erring on the side of caution and will just suggest to the check news sites. :)

Figaro
11-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Seeing reports that the Mine Train is on fire? Any news? Seems cause for concern.

*Newer reports say no injuries and still vary between small fire, already under control, to partial structure collapse. It's news just coming in so I guess it will be some time before we know exactly what happened and the extent of it, but the good news, if true, would be that there are no injuries. The cause appears to be related to fireworks.

Hearing that the fire is out and that Reedy Creek had it under control and extinguished within minutes. The size of the fire, wouldn't be surprised with the structure being unstable. People evacuating also said there soo far appears to be no injuries. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Hearing that the fire is out and that Reedy Creek had it under control and extinguished within minutes. The size of the fire, wouldn't be surprised with the structure being unstable. People evacuating also said there soo far appears to be no injuries. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the updated news. I'm sure we'll know more soon. I am very happy to hear that there were no injuries, as reported so far.

Disney4us2
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Per News8 no injuries have been reported. No comments from Disney yet.

Itchy
11-02-2014, 12:28 AM
I knew that it was a popular "HOT" ride, but who would have thought this would happen.:blush:

DonaldDuck1117
11-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Disney released statement saying small fire broke out at the ride around 11. Reedy Creek responded and put it out. Fire caused by Wishes. Ride reopened around midnight per Orlando Sentinal.

ransam
11-02-2014, 02:09 AM
i'm very happy to hear no injuries. and that the ride reopened as well.

Main Street Jim
11-02-2014, 07:53 AM
It was actually around 10:20pm, from what I've read on multiple Orlando media outlets.

It was fallout from "Wishes" on some landscaping on the outside of the "show building". It wasn't actually the ride itself.

Ian
11-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time they've set fire to the park with Wishes?

I remember saying when they first started Wishes that I was afraid they'd burn the place down ... time for Wishes to go.

John
11-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Some pics and video compiled here if you are curious what it looked like:

http://myfox8.com/2014/11/01/seven-dwarfs-mine-train-on-fire-at-disney-world/

SBETigg
11-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah, early reports were overblown, apparently. Thank goodness. Thanks for the updates. But it does make you wonder about the fireworks.

LittleDreamer
11-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time they've set fire to the park with Wishes?

This is the second fire on Mine Train due to the fireworks that I remember. I know they used to water the roofs of the buildings I wonder if they are going to figure out a system to water down the mountain.

PopPhan
11-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't you think that, since this type of thing has happened before, there would be sprayers or misters installed on these buildings to put out or prevent fires from the firework debris?

They could have installed a system that would have sprayed a light mist over the outside of the building to dampen it enough to avoid fires started by hot ash. It would not take much moisture to do it. Not much more than a plant greenhouse misting system set on a timer from 15 minutes prior to fireworks start to 15 past fireworks end. It could easily be set up to not affect the ride track itself.

11-02-2014, 01:09 PM
This is the second fire on Mine Train due to the fireworks that I remember. I know they used to water the roofs of the buildings I wonder if they are going to figure out a system to water down the mountain.

First very small fire was in an electrical equipment room, not from fireworks.

Main Street Jim
11-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't you think that, since this type of thing has happened before, there would be sprayers or misters installed on these buildings to put out or prevent fires from the firework debris?

They could have installed a system that would have sprayed a light mist over the outside of the building to dampen it enough to avoid fires started by hot ash. It would not take much moisture to do it. Not much more than a plant greenhouse misting system set on a timer from 15 minutes prior to fireworks start to 15 past fireworks end. It could easily be set up to not affect the ride track itself.The Pooh and Peter Pan show buildings do have this system on them (the two buildings on either side of the Castle). I used to have to walk through water running off of the roof of Pooh to the door to get to the tunnel. I'm not sure if the 7DMT show building has any system on it. I would *think* it does, since that's live landscaping....

LittleDreamer
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM
First very small fire was in an electrical equipment room, not from fireworks.

Bad memory explains why I couldn't Google the previous fire. There was another roof fire in New Fantasyland from fireworks but apparently it was on Little Mermaid.

I'm not sure if the 7DMT show building has any system on it. I would *think* it does, since that's live landscaping....

Off topic. How much of Mine Train is real living landscaping? I noticed at the end, as you go by the hut, that all the plants on the left side of the train were plastic. I realize this protects them from riders and maintains visual quality but those on top of the buildings don't have to worry about riders destruction.

texas211
11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
So now the ride was like the end of Mr. Toad.

Main Street Jim
11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
So now the ride was like the end of Mr. Toad.I'm not sure what you're getting at. The 7DMT "fire" was outside on the roof of the show building, not *inside* the attraction itself...

*Duh*. Never mind. Now I know whatcha meant. :P