PDA

View Full Version : Hoop de Doo Review

Ms. Mode
11-01-2014, 07:19 PM
So we have reservations for this at 8:30 pm (last show) in a few days. I have a few logistics questions:

1. If we get on the boat at WL and it takes us over to FW, are we at Pioneer Hall at the boat dock? If not, where do we go?

2. Since it's the last show and lets out later, will there still be boats available back to WL at the late hour?

DizneyRox
11-02-2014, 05:45 AM
It's a hop, skip and a jump from the boat dock to Pioneer Hall. Just follow the walkway, veer to the right at the first chance and then to to left..

If boats aren't running, there will be a bus that will take you back. Ask the boat captain, and also ask around Pioneer Hall about the busses.

1DisneyNut
11-02-2014, 07:56 AM
As DisneyRox stated, it is just up the path. Not very far at all. The boats will most likely still be running because they run at least for an hour after Magic Kingdom closes which should be later unless they are closing early that night for some reason (I haven't looked at the park schedule). Even if the boats aren't running, the bus stop is right there as well.

Janmac
11-04-2014, 11:40 AM
After the show, I think there are buses at the bus stop to take you directly to your lodging, if you're staying on property.

From the Marina, you'll go south to the Pioneer Hall area on the right, as DisneyRox said, which is a large building with first Crockett's Tavern, then Trail's End Kitchen and then HDDR, which all have the same kitchen, from what I've read.

As you continue south, there'll be a horse barn, with exhibits, on the right and then a covered bus waiting area at the paved roadway. This is where the buses pick up. This roadway, going to the right, goes to WL.

If you arrive early, there is a playground beside Crockett's Tavern, and, to the left as you leave the Marina area and facing the Tavern, is one of the two Trading Posts at Fort Wilderness which is kinda fun to look around in. Has some souvenirs as well as supplies for campers.

There are also foot massagers outside the Tavern, which sometimes work. Odd feeling. We like to get a beverage and sit a spell in the rockers on the Tavern porch.

Jan