PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween

Disney4us2
10-31-2014, 04:41 AM
Happy Halloween!! :mpumpkin:

What's your favorite candy?
Do you decorate for Halloween?

At what age do (did) your kids stop trick or treating?

Disney4us2
10-31-2014, 04:50 AM
I'll start...

Like Payday, Baby Ruth, Milky Way.

I didn't decorate this year, except for kitchen towels. The decorations are still in boxes waiting to be unpacked.

DD is almost 15 ( in Dec). She will be going trick or treating. I am thinking that this will be her last year.

VWL Mom
10-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Happy Halloween!

Favorite candy in my house are Kit Kats and Peanut Butter Cups. Didn't do much decorating now that the boys are both at school but do have my Halloween Mickey & Minnie and some Haunted Mansion Decorations out.

For those that will be out with the kiddos, enjoy and be safe!

:pumpkin: :witch: :frank: :blackcat:

TheVBs
10-31-2014, 07:07 AM
Happy Halloween!!

Our girls are 10 & 14 and they still dress up. DH is making both costumes, a Fluffle Puff My Little Pony costume for DD14, and a Dalek costume for DD10 that is EPIC! Originally both girls were going to be Daleks, so DH and I decided to dress up too. We've never walked the girls around dressed up, but this year we're going to be The Doctor (Matt Smith, red fez & bow tie) and River Song. I'm just hoping the weather isn't as bad as the forecast.

I love Halloween decorations! We have them inside and out.

Mickey'sGirl
10-31-2014, 08:15 AM
Happy Halloween!! :mpumpkin:

What's your favorite candy? Tootsie Rolls!!

Do you decorate for Halloween? My husband does!

At what age do (did) your kids stop trick or treating? My oldest son never liked it, so only went once or twice, and my younger son stopped at age 7 (he would rather give it out). Typically kids in our area stop at about age 12 (Grade 6), but I will give candy to anyone who shows up! This year we're prepared for about 200.

Janmac
10-31-2014, 09:40 AM
My favorite candy is just plain chocolate. My sister loves the original candy corn.

I used to decorate - lots of creepy candelabra with cobwebs and even a ghost that appeared when the door was opened. But not so much any more.

Kids around here don't trick or treat - we're way out in the country. There's a lot of parking lot trunk or treat which my grandniece says is not fun. For toddlers, many go to nursing/assisted living homes - nice and warm and well lit and the residents love waiting at their doorways to hand out candy and comment on all the little characters. So probably by the time a kid is 8 or 10, no more trick or treating. :(

For a great treat today - check out bing. Even some interesting info at the last panel, when clicking on the info button.

Jan

TheDuckRocks
10-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Happy Halloween!
Our stupid HOA is really messing up Halloween this year.
1) Trick or Treating will be tomorrow night Nov. 1. They will be posting guards at the entry to the subdivision to keep non-residents out.
2) This afternoon there will be a neighborhood private party and parade for the kids. All residents are strongly "encouraged" to provide candy, hot dogs, popcorn, sodas, etc. for this event.
Here are some of the problems I see we will be facing. We are a community made up of at least 1/3 senior citizens without kiddos. Why should we have to provide for a party that we aren't invited to attend and then again tomorrow night for TorT. As non-residents how will anybody that is coming to TorT here know that tonight we're not doing it. No plans or guards tonight or any signage stating "We are a Mean Spirited Selfish Neighborhood and will only give out goodies twice to our own". Thank you for listening to my rant, I'm off to deliver the giant sized package of hot dogs for the parade/party and go to the store to buy more Treats so I can give out goodies both nights.
I used to love Halloween.:(

missymouseworld
10-31-2014, 12:23 PM
BOOOOOO to you too!

My favorite candy, that I seem to only eat around Halloween, is PayDay. I don't even know if they are out any other time of the year, but I look forward to having them at Halloween.

Yes, I decorate inside and out. Cute Halloween décor, not the spooky, scary stuff.

My 12 year old is definitely going out and is excited because he is going with a bunch of his friends after a Halloween Pizza party. First year I am not needed as a Halloween chaperone. :( My older two stopped trick or treating around 13 years old before high school age.

KylesMom
10-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Favorite Candy? I just can't decide between Snickers and Reeses!

Yes, I decorate the house - usually start the weekend after Labor Day. LOVE this holiday!

DS quit dressing up at 14 for trick or treating. Tonight and tomorrow he is a scarer (out of a coffin no less) and I am one of the parents who will be working at our High School Band Association Haunted Woods trail. It was SNOWING this morning in Northern Illinois . . . I sure hope it warms up a little!!!

Happy Halloween!!!! :bat::mpumpkin::ghost::blackcat:

cer
10-31-2014, 01:01 PM
I never buy them, and I only eat them out of my kid's stash (no one else wants them), but I like the black and orange wrapped taffy with the peanut butter in the middle.

minnie04
10-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Happy Halloween everyone!! :blackcat::pumpkin::frank::mpumpkin::witch::bat:

I LOVE to decorate the house for all the holiday's Halloween is the start and now it’s become more Disney themed than anything else :mickey:. I love all the Disney (Mickey not haunted mansion) decorations they have out. I wish they would make more and also make a line for Thanksgiving. Xmas forget about it the house looks like Main street… love my Disney decor

Favorite candy that is a must steal from the kids is .. Lemon heads and chocolate tootsie roll lollypops. The rest they can have...

minnie04
10-31-2014, 02:26 PM
I never buy them, and I only eat them out of my kid's stash (no one else wants them), but I like the black and orange wrapped taffy with the peanut butter in the middle.

OMG!!!! Yes how could I forget those.. Kids are like eww they are nasty. I LOVE THOSE

Katzateer
10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Don't decorate anymore since our adopted Siamese cats get into EVERYTHING! My other 2 cats are not like that but my MIL's cats that we took in when she passed away are into anything they can find,

Chocolate is my favorite- not too picky:thumbsup:

My girls went out trick or treating through junior year of high school. We lived in a small college town and most of the HS students went.

Happy Booooo Day!:blackcat::pumpkin:

princessgirls
11-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Happy Halloween!!

Favorite Candy: Milky Ways, Kit Kats

Decorations: Yes. Pintrest ideas...orange lights on my porch with friendly milk gallon ghosts on my porch, and I have all fall in the kitchen and living area.

Bummer of the year... my girls made "other" plans with friends. Sigh.... It made my husband and I sad. But we rallied. I love holidays. I have an Old Navy Halloween shirt that I have had for years that I dug out, answered the door until we met up with friends at their house. Even did a preschool treat basket with 100% juice boxes and gold fish, and a candy basket.
Hope everyone enjoyed!
Julie:mickey:

Kenny1113
11-03-2014, 05:39 PM

I haven't seen these for the longest time!!! Used to love them

Yes I decorate. Inside and out. I love the spooky town houses from lemax (although haven't seen a house I like in several years). Every year I try to add at least one new thing to my halloween decorations, much to DH's dismay.

Favorite candy: I think it changes from year to year, this year it is twix. Needless to say this is NOT what I bought to give out ;)

DSs trick or treated this year (ages 13 and 10). This was also the first year DS13 went without momma (as a pp mentioned). He had several friends over and they all went in the neighborhood together.