PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands General

mydisneygirls
10-30-2014, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen this question on here (or maybe I missed it). Will the Magic Bands we received from our last trip be good for our next trip. I assume Disney wouldn't send out new ones every time you go and they can update the ones you have.

JMTStone
10-30-2014, 11:11 AM
I've been getting several sets of Magic Bands. I have 3 right now. I've heard you can use them all as they are assigned to your DME so you can have a different color to match your outfits.

There should be a better way......

Strmchsr
10-30-2014, 11:20 AM
You get new magic bands for every reservation - even if you're doing a split stay. But, yes, the old ones are still able to be used unless you specifically deactivate them (which we do since we don't want to risk losing one).

Goofy4TheWorld
10-30-2014, 03:20 PM
....I assume Disney wouldn't send out new ones every time you go and they can update the ones you have.

That's a great idea and now qualifies you to be hired as Senior Imagineer over at the MagicBand department (the position has been unfilled for years)!

Congrats!

Send you resume to WDW HR fast!

:thedolls:

CanadianWDWFan
10-30-2014, 04:07 PM
What you can do if you don't want any new bands is to not customize any new ones on MDE and when you check in decline them. If you don't customize you will get the grey ones. They will then be wiped and recycled/reused. I asked at last check-in since we now have 5 sets of bands! :crazy:

yankeesfan123
10-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Don't forget: the battery inside can and will die.

I think rumors were it would take 2 years or so, but they'd eventually die.

Skippy
10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Don't forget: the battery inside can and will die.

I think rumors were it would take 2 years or so, but they'd eventually die.

thats the time frame the MM+ cast were giving

Goofy4TheWorld
10-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Wow, I just Googled "do magic bands have batteries" and I can't believe how much circuitry these things have. These bands have got more technology crammed into them than some attractions do at WDW!

ransam
10-31-2014, 01:29 AM
the cool thing is that they are designed to accept new technology.