PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Kiss at MK.

gottaluvtink
10-29-2014, 02:39 PM
I keep hearing things about the Goodbye Kiss. I have pretty much done everything at MK, but never this. Heading down in 19 days, and think I want to do this. I have heard conflicting things. Is it in front of the castle, or at the Main Entrance?

DonaldDuck1117
10-29-2014, 02:56 PM
It is the castle. It will light up, change colors a bit, music comes on over the PA and a little monologue is read about Walt Disney. Sometimes they do it more than once a night but that's usually during peak times.

Main Street Jim
10-29-2014, 03:33 PM
It's actually called the "Kiss Goodnight". :)

It's a small(er) light show *on* the Castle, along with the "Thank You for coming" announcement(s). You'll be able to see/hear it from anywhere along Main Street, USA :thumbsup: We're usually somewhere near Casey's/Ice Cream Parlor winding down for the night before heading out of the park.

MyDisneyworld
10-29-2014, 05:17 PM
We always sit on the benches around the hub to wait for the crowds and have watched this a few times. Kind of special because nobody is around and you feel like it's your own private show.

Enjoy....

ransam
10-31-2014, 01:36 AM
never seen it but I will in about 30 days.

4disneynuts
10-31-2014, 09:13 AM
We have never seen it either. Is this something that is played as the park is closing? Guess we willl have to hang around so that we can see it at leat once. Will be there in 15 days!!!Woooohoooo!!:cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
The first time we saw it, it was just a fluke since we were hanging around waiting for crowds to clear.

It is kinda neat, the castle changes colour and there is a recorded message. Sometimes though, we feel like it is saying "you've had fun, now get out and go home". ;)

Main Street Jim
10-31-2014, 05:52 PM
We have never seen it either. Is this something that is played as the park is closing? Guess we willl have to hang around so that we can see it at leat once. Will be there in 15 days!!!Woooohoooo!!:cloud9:Usually *after* the park officially "closes" for the day, about 15, 30, and 45 minutes after. :mickey:

...and *only* at MK.

EPCOT has their "Inferno barge burn-off" about an hour after the park closes.

mechanic
10-31-2014, 07:24 PM
It's actually called the "Kiss Goodnight". :)

It's a small(er) light show *on* the Castle, along with the "Thank You for coming" announcement(s). You'll be able to see/hear it from anywhere along Main Street, USA :thumbsup: We're usually somewhere near Casey's/Ice Cream Parlor winding down for the night before heading out of the park.
Same place we sit. Always like to close the park so to speak. Of course ive never been up in time for opening ceremony. Maybe ill try that next time.

mechanic
10-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Usually *after* the park officially "closes" for the day, about 15, 30, and 45 minutes after. :mickey:

...and *only* at MK.

EPCOT has their "Inferno barge burn-off" about an hour after the park closes.

Weve never seen that. Will give that a look on next trip. Is it still ok to linger in world showcase after closing time?

ransam
11-01-2014, 03:03 AM
I have always wanted to be one of the very last people to leave MK one night.

Janmac
11-01-2014, 07:05 PM
The first time we saw the Kiss Goodnight we were eating at Ohana's and had a view of the castle. It was neat to watch the colors change. We didn't know then that there was the thank you announcement or that the lights had a name.

Another trip we were relaxing at Casey's after the fireworks while the crowds left and got to hear the announcement as well.

Another cool thing about WDW that isn't a ride. :D

Jan

Main Street Jim
11-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Weve never seen that. Will give that a look on next trip. Is it still ok to linger in world showcase after closing time?We were in between Future World and World Showcase (the "plaza", I guess) near the two gift shops when we saw it, and it was like 10-10:15pm or so when it went off.