PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ & shows?

disneyfamily05
10-29-2014, 10:03 AM
I know how FP+ works with rides and skipping the lines. But how does it work with shows? Are these reserved sections? Do you still have to arrive several minutes early or can you walk in right before the show starts? Or is it the same as FP+ for rides where they let a significant number of FP+ in the theater first, then those from the stand by lines? I'm thinking of shows like Finding Nemo or FOTLK in AK, Turtle Talk w/Crush in Epcot? In most cases I plan on using FP+ for rides -- but I'm thinking about some of our half days. For example, on our day of arrival we plan go to AK in the afternoon to ride Dinosaur and Everest - which leaves me one more FP+ - which I could do for Nemo since they are on the same side of the park (or use for It's a Bugs Life).

Believe it or not standing in (reasonable) lines dose not bother me for rides - but for some reason it drives me crazy when it's for a show :scratch: (silly, I know). If anyone has experience FP+ with shows you're input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Strmchsr
10-29-2014, 11:22 AM
The FP line for shows just gets you in before the standby line is let in. There isn't a reserved section for most (I think there might be for Fantasmic, but I can't remember for sure). One example - with FOTLK the FP line was let in about 2 min before the standby line doors opened. If you had arrived, even with a FP, after the standby doors opened you were stuck sitting wherever happened to be available. so you'd be much better off getting there a couple of minutes before the doors open.

ransam
10-31-2014, 01:37 AM
I still don't like the FP

tjstrike
10-31-2014, 09:34 PM
How early do they let the standby line in, normally ? If I had a FP+ for a 9:00 fireworks show, how early do I need to be there ?