PDA

View Full Version : Parking

pox24
10-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Has anyone drove to the BC or BW parked and then went to either Epcot or the Studios for the day. I am aware of the 3 hour rule.

Strmchsr
10-27-2014, 11:57 AM
No because, as you said, there is a 3 hour limit on parking and even that is intended only for people dining/shopping at the resort. Parking and going to the parks is specifically against the rules and is basically "cheating" trying to get around the Disney parking fees. Having stayed at BW and BC I know parking is at a premium and I definitely would be annoyed with people taking up the parking spaces at my resort that weren't supposed to be there.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Looking at your Signature, I assume you are an Annual Passholder and thus get free parking at the parks, so I am not sure why you would want to park at BC or BW instead of the Epcot or HS lot?

Either way, it is against the rules for you to park at any resort your not a guest at in order to enter a theme park.

pox24
10-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Not only am I a pass holder, I am a DVC member as well. It's a shame but neither of those qualify for any free parking. In fact Disney has slowly been taking away alot of our perks over the years. One of which was free valet parking, now it is $ 20.00. That has angered many members who paid good money to be part of DVC and pay dues each year. So for a few days out of the year parking at a resort for a day I do not think it would have a major impact.

Hammer
10-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Not only am I a pass holder, I am a DVC member as well. It's a shame but neither of those qualify for any free parking. In fact Disney has slowly been taking away alot of our perks over the years. One of which was free valet parking, now it is $ 20.00. That has angered many members who paid good money to be part of DVC and pay dues each year. So for a few days out of the year parking at a resort for a day I do not think it would have a major impact.

If you have an annual pass without blackouts (like the annual pass available with the DVC discount), you do get free theme park parking. Only seasonal FL resident passes with blackouts do not get parking included.

While I understand your frustration (I am a DVC member as well), I understand why the change was needed. On my trip earlier this month, we went over to the Boardwalk to go have drinks at the Bellevue Room and wanted to park in the regular Boardwalk parking (where the locals would park). Boardwalk parking was so full due to the Gartner conference they were only allowing people with hotel reservations to use self parking. Even a dining reservation would not get you a 3 hour pass. So, we took the valet option.

Lesson- we are going later in October/ early November to attend Food and Wine :) :wine: ! This does not guarantee we will be able to get a parking pass for a couple of hours in self parking, but the possibility is greater.

pox24
10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
I was inquiring because we are driving up on Friday for the festival. We have the Fla. Res seasonal passes. I am willing to roll the dice maybe we will get lucky. if you stay longer than three hours, I cannot believe they will tow you, do you? :confused:

AgentC
10-27-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking this is for your November trip since you do not get free parking with the Four Seasons. Is that correct? If so the Four Seasons does provide transportation.

The schedule isn't very flexible but you can make it work. It is via an extremely nice charter bus.

When I was there in Sept, there were 2 routes MK/AK leaving the Four Seasons on the hour and MK/EPCOT/DHS leaving on the half hour.

pox24
10-27-2014, 03:22 PM
My sister is coming with us and she is not a bus person. She wished the ease of a boat ride or short walk from either the BC or BW hotels.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-27-2014, 04:14 PM
...So for a few days out of the year parking at a resort for a day I do not think it would have a major impact.

It does have a major impact on these resorts because you are not the only person trying to get away with this, and the crush of people doing it anyway leaves the people actually staying at these resorts with nowhere to park.

Your sister "not being a bus person" doesn't entitle you or her to something the rules plainly prohibit.

VWL Mom
10-27-2014, 04:16 PM
As others have stated it is against the rules to self park in the resort lots and go to the parks.

I am closing this post.