PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom- NYE Day

Cass&KenziesMom
10-26-2014, 09:21 PM
It's showing MK having EMH from 8 a.m - 9 a.m. that day and the park of course being open until 1 a.m. My question is...how crowded do you think it will be during the day? I'm hoping people will sleep in most of the day and come into the park later to stay up for the fireworks. Anyone have any first hand input on this?

Mickey'sGirl
10-27-2014, 09:01 AM
The only time I was at WDW for NYE, MK was already closed due to capacity by 10am. We were checking into the Wilderness Lodge, and were backed up miles to get there. I think you can expect HUGE crowds.

DDoftwo
10-27-2014, 09:24 AM
NYE could be the busiest day of the year. If your truly want to be there, plan on arriving at Rope Drop and do not leave. If thats not your idea of a fun time look at one of the other parks. MK is packed all day and people do not leave. Hope it works for you. We will be there the same time as well and have no intentions of coming anywhere close to MK we will be at Epcot all day.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks! I'm thinking we'll hit another park that day also then. Any input on HS?

DDoftwo
10-27-2014, 10:04 AM
I have not heard much about the Studios. Only advice I have especially if you are staying Off Prop, arrive early and do not park hop. Pick your park and stay there. This has been told to me by several people on here. I would suggest Epcot just because of all the stuff they have for NYE. 2 showings of Illuminations, Dance Parties through out the night, a Special Fantasia themed Buffet which includes Champagne Flutes and special seating for Fireworks at Midnight. Any choice you make will be busy thats a given, but if you go in knowing that, you can make the best of it. Best of Luck!

bdm@pga
10-27-2014, 11:55 AM
EPCOT is incredible for NYE...totally fun experience..packed but great. And I have been able to take a group of 150+ in at 8 pm and still get in. MK on the other hand...capacity by 10 and stays that way. Hollywood studios is also fun, but full.

#1donaldfan
10-27-2014, 01:33 PM
For us New Years Day was empty till about noon. NYE day, evening and night was crazy !! You could not move as an individual, we had to move as a crowd. I did not like it that crowded but we did have fun !!! :thumbsup:

dnickels
10-27-2014, 02:06 PM
As mentioned, MK is insanely crazy and at/near capacity starting early in the morning. People definitely do not sleep in.

Studios doesn't handle huge crowds well. If you're dead-set on being in one of the parks for New Years Eve I'd recommend Epcot.

No matter which you choose just remember to pack your patience. Even aside from the crowds in the parks there will be large crowds to use the transportation. You might get lucky and be back to your resort 20 minutes after leaving or you might still be in line waiting for a bus or waiting to get out of the parking lot an hour and a half after leaving.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! We'll actually be heading out to meet family for NYE activities a couple of hours away so won't be there the whole day to begin with. We'll have to play it by ear I guess. :)

kakn7294
10-27-2014, 10:38 PM
We will be among the crazies at MK on NYE day. It will be a first for us and I'm actually looking forward to it even though I HATE crowds. I really don't plan on doing much in the way of attractions - we're going to have our FP+ selections and wait in line for a few others and otherwise just bum around for the day.

#1donaldfan
10-28-2014, 12:04 PM
We will be among the crazies at MK on NYE day. It will be a first for us and I'm actually looking forward to it even though I HATE crowds. I really don't plan on doing much in the way of attractions - we're going to have our FP+ selections and wait in line for a few others and otherwise just bum around for the day.

That is pretty much how we did it. You're waiting around anyway so why not wait in a line for a ride, no matter the wait time.....it was fun, but oh so crowded.....:cool:

Scrappy2
10-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Yes NYE is crazy crowded but we had a blast. We got to MK at park opening and just hung out. We ate, we rode a few things, caught a few shows and just sat and people watched. It is something you should do once. Mornings were not that crowded but by late afternoon and evening you could not move!

tink'72
10-31-2014, 04:05 PM
The last time I was at Magic Kingdom for NYE was in 2003 and by 9:30 it had reached capacity. It was crazy busy.