PDA

View Full Version : Construction Wall Land

LittleDreamer
10-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I just recently came back from a Disney World trip, and I was shocked by how many construction wall were up. Magic Kingdom had them for the Hub update. Downtown Disney was covered in them. Animal Kingdom was almost as bad as Downtown Disney. All around the Tree of Life, the water by Everest. I didn't make it to MGM but I did see plenty of construction equipment in the back parking lot (this could of just been for the installation of Osborn Lights). Only one without was Epcot.

It's good that Disney is doing all this after years of inactivity but i feel sorry for people who are visiting during this time.

vicster
10-25-2014, 04:36 PM
We were there last month and same thing. I guess it's good for our future entertainment.

Ms. Mode
10-26-2014, 02:42 PM
The walls don't bother me; they just make me look forward to what's coming!

JerseyDad
10-26-2014, 02:49 PM
.....kinda makes me feel better about not taking our annual fall trip to WDW this year.

ransam
10-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I always thought Disney was really good at hiding it's construction.

Polynesian Dweller
10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
.....kinda makes me feel better about not taking our annual fall trip to WDW this year.

We were there last week and had a great time. The walls didn't interfere at all either the vacation.

JerseyDad
10-26-2014, 04:56 PM
We were there last week and had a great time. The walls didn't interfere at all either the vacation.
......I work in the engineering and site development field ....so ....I see enough construction fencing each day to last a lifetime.

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2014, 07:14 PM

We usually go once or twice a year and decided to skip this year (first time we miss a year since 2005). I agree with you. We are actually glad we decided this was the year to take a break. I know construction doesn't bother some people, but too much of it definitely bothers me.

LittleDreamer
10-26-2014, 07:18 PM
I always thought Disney was really good at hiding it's construction.

The fences themselves were only a visual problem in Animal Kingdom. Once you reach the crest of the entrance hill your no longer greeted by the wilderness in front of the Tree instead it's just a great wall that stretches from Africa to Asia. The one good thing is Humphrey the Bear and the Park Ranger are on the walls in the Magic Kingdom and it makes me happy to see those characters.

Due to the locations of these changes its hard to hide the construction. From Tommorowland Terrace and the bridge you just see cranes and piles of dirt, no fences on that side. Downtown they are everywhere and you can see plenty of construction but that a shopping area it's not ruining any visuals. On my past trips the fences were only around one attraction or were an entire area so they didn't feel as intrusive.

JerseyDad
10-26-2014, 07:29 PM
We usually go once or twice a year and decided to skip this year (first time we miss a year since 2005). I agree with you. We are actually glad we decided this was the year to take a break. I know construction doesn't bother some people, but too much of it definitely bothers me.
.......we're sorta' on the same wavelength. We've gone each year since 2004 .....and while it seems strange to not be there (we usually went the last few days of Oct ...thru 1st week of Nov) ......I know that I'd be miffed about all the construction.

......wife and I discussed going alone for a few days to catch F&W at Epcot .....but ...it seems we made a good decision.

SurferStitch
10-28-2014, 11:51 AM
I will say, all of the walls were a little bit of a bummer, but Disney did to a good job of making them fit into the landscape. I loved the Stitch plaques on one of the walls in MK.

The walls in DHS weren't all that attractive, but oh well.

We didn't realize all of those walls would be up in AK. That really made that area seem narrow, and didn't make for great pics, but other than that, they are just a necessary evil that we just overlooked most of the time.

Definitely glad we DIDN'T skip a fall trip this year... It was AMAZING!! Got a free upgrade to a water view room at YC, and had a perfect 4th floor view of Illuminations from our room. :cloud9: Gorgeous weather, free concerts in Epcot, F&WF, wedding anniversary.... truly a wonderful trip.