PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey

Zeike
10-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi we are considering doing Chef Mickey on our next vacation for dinner at night 845pm. We never been here and think would be a nice experience for our sons. Is it good? Most importantly if MK closes at 8pm and we are staying at POR how do we get to chef mickey and back to POR with disney transportation?

Pirate Granny
10-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Cab, it's a very short distance

KylesMom
10-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Chef Mickey's has always been a must-do for us because of the ambiance and energy the place has. It was the first character dining we participated in at the suggestion of INTERCOT members back in 2000, and we have gone back every year since! Plenty of food to choose from, as it is a buffet.

You can take the monorail to The Contemporary, or there is a walking path that will get you there from MK in approximately 8 minutes. As Pirate Granny suggested, a cab should get you back to POR in short order for a very affordable price. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm the discenting voice, in that the chaos of Chef Mickey's is just too much for my family. We've done it once, just to say we did and have no plans to go back.

But, I know that most people love it, and I hope you do too!

If you want to take Disney transport (instead of the cab) it can be an adventure. If there is another park that it open late that night, you can take a bus from the Contemporary to that park, and then a bus to POR. You can always take a bus to DTD and then a bus or boat to POR.

However, I find the DTD route to always take FOREVER at night, so if there isn't another park open late, the cab will be a very quick and not-too-expensive option.

mdricks
10-24-2014, 12:22 PM
I wouldn’t go for the food. Think Golden Coral. Not bad but certainly not the best you can get at the world.

The reason to go is for the characters and interaction. Lots of fun for the kids.

If you don’t want to take a cab I would suggest taking the Contemp bus to DTD. Then hop the boat to POR. I have stayed at POFQ with young ones and the calm, slow easy boat ride to the resort is a fabulous way to wind down and get ready for sack time. Just be prepared to carry them to the room!

:number1:

barbiegirl314
10-24-2014, 12:38 PM
We love it there!!!:mickey: First Character meal we ever did back in 1999 when my oldest son was 3 yo, character interaction is great.

My boys still request either breakfast or dinner there every trip we take (they are now 18 and 9).

BrowncatP
10-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Take the walking path to the MK, and then get the bus back to POR. You get a nice view of Space Mountain from the walkway, and can see how Space Mountain could one day be expanded out the back side of the attraction.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-26-2014, 09:03 AM
We loved Chef Mickey's. We didn't find it was too crazy but then again we were there in February so even the parks were not terribly crowded. We liked the food....especially the mashed potatoes (soooo good!). As for the transportation....I can't really help. We always just drove ourselves if we were going to other resorts.

baldburke
10-26-2014, 12:19 PM
It's a great way to see Mickey and the gang. We've done both the breakfast and the dinner. The food is fine but not fabulous. It is busy as other say, but you should never feel rushed in your character time. POR to MK is the best way to get there. Good luck!

tjstrike
10-28-2014, 10:57 PM
It reminds me of a Shoneys with Disney characters running around. I would shoot for crystal palace or liberty tree tavern. Better food and way more convenient. :blush: