PDA

View Full Version : POTC Ride Maintenance Issues

Figment104
10-21-2014, 03:22 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what's been going on with POTC lately. We were at WDW last week, and it seemed like every other time we stopped by to ride POTC it was down for some reason. This is the first trip where we've really experienced a lot of rides going down unexpectedly and repeatedly and I was just really surprised and thrown by it especially considering the crowds.

JabberJaws
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Interestingly enough, we saw POTC go down for while when we were there back around 10 days ago. I didn't think much of it, but then again it did seem odd to me as I don't recall seeing POTC go down very often or for very long. Not sure what was going on.

10-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Been told by friends that work moving ride attractions (not how sure the accuracy) that many ride attractions intrusion alarms are being tightened up somewhat for safety, resulting in more ride stoppages. Intrusion alarms are set off from standing up to get a better picture, trying to get off a ride when moving, leaning too far out and a host of other actions.

Not sure if this is actually the case ore not. Above my pay grade.

ransam
10-22-2014, 02:04 AM
I hope it's fixed by November. lol

Figment104
10-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Been told by friends that work moving ride attractions (not how sure the accuracy) that many ride attractions intrusion alarms are being tightened up somewhat for safety, resulting in more ride stoppages. Intrusion alarms are set off from standing up to get a better picture, trying to get off a ride when moving, leaning too far out and a host of other actions.

Not sure if this is actually the case ore not. Above my pay grade.

That's interesting. I'm not sure if you or your friends would know, but if this is the case of what is causing the ride to shut down, would the cast members have an approximate idea of how long until the ride would come back up. Every time we asked if there was an ETA on the ride to be back up, the answer was always "we don't have any idea at this time." or something to that effect. Very frustrating with how frequently it was down.