PDA

View Full Version : Theme Parks - Mano Y Mano!

baldburke
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
We've all see the posts about how wonderful HPW is at Universal and then we've seen the posts about the dead zones, dying rides and lingering development at WDW.

Giving a score of 10 to 0, with 10 being the highest, I'm just curious how people would rate the four Disney parks and the two Universal parks. I'm not looking to bash either company, but in terms of overall experience. This includes but is not limited to: quality, completeness, value, crowds, flow, shows, entertainment, etc. Please feel free to add any other values you see fit.

I've never been to Universal so I can't comment, but I think I would rate the following:

MK - 9
Epcot - 7
HS - 7
AK - 5

For us, we've never spent more than a day at AK on any one trip. Most of our time is spent in MK. HS has very good attractions overall, but the flow isn't great and some areas could use the attention. Epcot is good. It certainly has areas leaving much to be desired, but for us we like the touring experience around the world mixed in with a handful of decent attractions.

PETE FROM NYC
10-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I love the WDW parks.
DW and I are both handicapped, and WDW cms have made it very easy for us.
Universal is not so handicapped friendly.

KAJUNKING
10-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Mk 9

Epcot 9

HS 7

Ak 6

Never been to any universal parks so i cant comment.

barbiegirl314
10-21-2014, 02:39 PM
I haven't been to the universal parks in about 10 years so I feel it would be unfair to comment on them.

MK - 9
Epcot - 9
HS - 5
AK - 6

Janmac
10-21-2014, 04:13 PM
About 10 years ago my youngest granddaughter was at my house for the month of March while her dad was being transferred from Louisiana to Duluth and her parents were house hunting. I gave her a math problem: determine how we rated each of the four Disney parks. We were somewhat surprised at the results. Hers are in percentages, as in how much of each park we liked. Here they are:

DHS - 54
AK - 56
MK - 59
Epcot - 85

Jan

ransam
10-22-2014, 02:10 AM
I have been to universal, and it's a whole different experience. You really appreciate Disney's attention to detail, how they treat their guests and the up keep or the park after being at universal. Universal has moments. Harry potter is cool. the spiderman ride was cool. But it looks old, has chipped paint. is not easily manageable, has trash on the ground.
After we went we all really appreciated Disney so much more.

my rankings
MK-9
AK-7
Epcot-10
HS-8 1/2
Islands of adventure-7 (just because of HP and spiderman)
Universal park-4

denygold
10-22-2014, 07:15 PM
MK 9
Epcot 9
AK 7
Studios 6

tjstrike
10-22-2014, 10:02 PM
MK 9
EP 8
AK 7
HS 7

Universal I give high marks to as well but I think those 2 parks are geared more towards teenagers. We always have fun at Universal, but it's not Disney.

baldburke
10-23-2014, 02:37 PM
About 10 years ago my youngest granddaughter was at my house for the month of March while her dad was being transferred from Louisiana to Duluth and her parents were house hunting. I gave her a math problem: determine how we rated each of the four Disney parks. We were somewhat surprised at the results. Hers are in percentages, as in how much of each park we liked. Here they are:

DHS - 54
AK - 56
MK - 59
Epcot - 85

Jan

Is it low marks for all because you like them almost equally or because you aren't big Disney fans?

I found it interesting that all but one rated Epcot either equal to or higher than MK. It's definitely where we spend the most time next to MK, but I don't know that I'd say it was equal to or better than MK.

FenwayGirl
10-24-2014, 09:07 AM
MK - 8
Epcot - 9
HS - 7
AK - 9

AK and Epcot are my family's favorites. While you have to love MK..for me its to crowded. Spend one day there to hit the classics, but the majority of our time is spent between AK and Epcot:yeti::yeti:

LVT
10-25-2014, 09:49 PM
MK 8
EP 8
HS 6
AK 7

IOA HP area only 8, rest 2
US Spiderman, Hulk rest 4

EeyoresBestFriend
10-25-2014, 10:46 PM
As many say - they are completely different and we usually visit all.

MK - 8
Epcot - 9
AK - 9
DHS - 6

IOA - 9
US - 8 (pre Diagon Alley - haven't seen it since)

POFQ - 10!
AKL - 10! :D

We believe the vacation is what you make of it - ours are always great! :cloud9: