PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Lowest Crowd in MK??

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 10:38 AM
When would this be or does it even exist anymore?

mydisneygirls
10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I know it's when I can't go!!!!!

10-15-2014, 11:21 AM
When would this be or does it even exist anymore?

Whenever the least amount of guests are in the park.

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Whenever the least amount of guests are in the park.

Gee Thanks :bang:

faline
10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I really can't think of a time right now when you would find minimal crowds. Expect the parks to be at least moderately busy. If it's uncrowded, it's a bonus to enjoy!!

PirateLover
10-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Last January, the monday after marathon weekend was absolutely dead in the MK. We walked on everything, and we even had a private Dumbo ride! This was also the day they chose to go "live" with FastPass+, so I think that speaks to the fact that it's traditionally a slower time.:thumbsup:

Janmac
10-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Folks were posting short wait times the last weeks of August this year.

I suppose any weekend day could be at least moderately busy. Early mornings would be less crowded, any day. Some time between 11 and 11:30 am it seems the parks just explode with people.

Of our last several trips, early September was the least crowded but that was 2008. Mid April 2012 was warmer and more crowded than we thought comfortable.

Jan

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2014, 01:35 PM
We've been at a number of different times of the year, and found the very end of August to have the lowest crowds, but it is still busy, just not CRAZY busy like you'd find at other times of the year.

January is also "better", but not quiet, really, there is no "quiet" time anymore.

No matter when we've been, we find getting an early start is critical, the crowd is always low first thing in the morning (at least relative to what it will be later in the day).

Pirate Granny
10-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I find the two weeks after Labor Day are great...no one wants to take their kids out of school so early in the school year and food and wine wasn't started.

Main Street Jim
10-15-2014, 09:45 PM
We were down the week of Labor Day this year.

*Walked* on Space Mountain at about 10-10:30am - I mean, *no one* else was in the queue. *ZERO*. EVERYTHING in every park had minimal waits - even Soarin' was posted at 30 minutes - for *Stand-by*.

As for the lightest crowd "ever"?

The January after September 11 (that would be January, 2002). I was still working Main Street turnstiles and parades. At our pre-parade meeting, the in-park attendance was announced at "less than 3,000 guests". It was 28 degrees and lightly raining. There were HUGE gaps between guests sitting down on the street for the parade. I mean, when there's NO ONE between the Emporium and Disney Clothiers on the curb waiting for the parade....

ransam
10-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Been the last couple years in February and it wasn't bad at all. last may first week in May was really slow as well.

JMTStone
10-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Agree nobody wants to take their kids out of school and there's MNSSHP too!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Friends of ours were in Disneyworld Sept 3rd to 9th 2014 and said they pretty much walked on everything. Even the popular rides such as the Mine Train was only a 20 minutes wait.

Speedy1998
10-17-2014, 12:37 PM
The January after September 11 (that would be January, 2002). I was still working Main Street turnstiles and parades. At our pre-parade meeting, the in-park attendance was announced at "less than 3,000 guests". It was 28 degrees and lightly raining. There were HUGE gaps between guests sitting down on the street for the parade. I mean, when there's NO ONE between the Emporium and Disney Clothiers on the curb waiting for the parade....

Cold and rain will do that. Heck even just cold will do that. The week before Christmas in 2003 I was in Frontierland on a night when it got below freezing. During Spectralomagic I was sitting in front of Pecos Bills, the next closet guest to me was at least 50 yards away.

I got some great pictures of the parade, being such a long distance from any other guest, the characters in the parade kept stopping to pose for me.

magicofdisney
10-17-2014, 05:33 PM
I got some great pictures of the parade, being such a long distance from any other guest, the characters in the parade kept stopping to pose for me.

:thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
10-17-2014, 10:42 PM
During Spectralomagic I was sitting in front of Pecos Bills, the next closet guest to me was at least 50 yards away. I had to "LOL". :mickey:

texas211
10-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Between midnight at 8am on days that are spelled with odd number of letters following haley's comet.

CaptSmee
10-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Last year right after Labor Day was wonderful. No crowds anywhere really...in January it's hit or miss. It'll be a nice seemingly quiet day then buses of Brazillan tour groups show up with hundreds of people

Gator
10-23-2014, 04:11 PM
7 trips to WDW, at least 16 days at the MK, here's what I know. It's always crowded there. Some days are worse than others. The ONLY time it wasn't crowded was on a December day back in 2006 when the high temp was supposed to reach 59. It was cold, and it clearly kept people out of the parks. It wasn't empty but for the first time Main Street wasn't slammed. Don't know if that helps.

LandFan
10-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Probably the first two weeks of September. Kids and teachers in school...no other special events really going on yet...

acetate
10-24-2014, 12:21 PM
We went last year in the early part of December and it was great. Very low crowds and all the Christmas stuff was up. It was even warm enough to go swimming.

pox24
10-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Indeed. We went week end after Labor day and blew through the MK. Done by 2 pm.

Maddie
11-06-2014, 09:55 AM
We always go for Marathon Weekend in January and it isn't that bad. As someone mentioned though if you aren't a runner, go the weekend after and it is even more dead! I think it is just not so bad for marathon weekend because not everyone goes into the parks and if they do they hobble around and grab a beer! :beer:

azcavalier
11-07-2014, 08:46 AM
We're going to be there Jan. 3-10 in 2015. We're hoping that it will not be busy. I am expecting it to be cold, especially in the mornings.

mcjaco
11-18-2014, 09:14 AM
As a kid we used to go the second week of November. It was dead. As in walk on everything. I've posted pictures elsewhere of us at Epcot in 82 and there's no one there....a month after opening!

We just went this past week, and it was crazy. At least the 10 and the 11th. It "slowed" down toward the end of the week, and at MVMCP on the 14th, everything was pretty much a walk on, except the Mine Train.

SwissCheese1981
11-19-2014, 11:37 AM
We always have had great luck from Dec. 1-15. Walk on most rides, no more than a 15 minute wait for the most popular rides. No problems getting tickets for the Candlelight Processional. No problems getting tables at table service dining.
A lot of people are hesitant to pull kids from school because of them just having breaks for Thanksgiving, and a long break for Christmas.

Good luck!

MarkC
11-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Agree on Labor Day week. We went a couple of years ago and rode rides 2-3 times with no wait. The best example I can remember was walking in line for Tower of Terror at 11am and seeing no one else in either the standby or FP line. It was creepy. I asked the CM if I was going to be riding myself and she looked at the camera and told me there were a few other people joining me.

The worst part about that trip was it was just my wife and me. We had so much extra time to shop after riding the rides we spent way too much money with all that extra time.

Zippy 1
11-22-2014, 05:25 PM
When we were there is early February it wasn't to busy. Rides had fairly short waits

baldburke
11-22-2014, 09:12 PM
When we were there is early February it wasn't to busy. Rides had fairly short waits

I'm guessing it's not quite warm enough to go swimming in February?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-22-2014, 10:21 PM
:swim: all depends on where you're from! We went in January, and DD swam EVERY day. It was too cold for most of us adults (even us northern ones), but the kids were all swimming!

The pools are heated, it is getting out that is horrible. I'd take ickier weather, if it resulted in lower crowds. :)

AgentC
11-23-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm guessing it's not quite warm enough to go swimming in February?

February is such a hit or miss month here with temperatures. You could end up with cold temps and wind or it can be quite pleasant. As Heather mentioned the pools are heated so if you have average temperatures in the high 60s/low 70s, you would be fine.

Cass&KenziesMom
11-23-2014, 12:27 PM
We swam in February of last year. Temps were warm enough that I wore shorts most days and evenings. There were only a couple of nights we were in jeans but still short sleeves. I think there was many be 1 night that we had to buy blankets to watch the fireworks but that was it.