PDA

View Full Version : Rope drop at International Gateway?

BklynChick
10-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what it is like using the International Gateway to enter EPCOT first thing in AM? Since I wasn't able to get a morning FP for Soarin, I want to get there ASAP to ride standby.

Terra
10-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Can anyone tell me what it is like using the International Gateway to enter EPCOT first thing in AM? Since I wasn't able to get a morning FP for Soarin, I want to get there ASAP to ride standby.

When we've done it, you can turn left and head to FW. The part that is roped off is the bridge leading to France and the rest of WS.

Strmchsr
10-13-2014, 05:32 PM
When we've done it, you can turn left and head to FW. The part that is roped off is the bridge leading to France and the rest of WS.

That's correct, except you can now actually walk to France since the new bakery serves breakfast. The roped off area is after France until 11:00.

BklynChick
10-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Does it tend to be crowded / long wait to get in? I imagine they hold you outside the turnstiles?

Strmchsr
10-15-2014, 07:28 AM
It's about the same as the front of the park. Yeah, there's a bit of a traffic jam at the start until they open the gates, but then it moves fairly quickly.

Terra
10-15-2014, 07:35 AM
That's correct, except you can now actually walk to France since the new bakery serves breakfast. The roped off area is after France until 11:00.

Oh that's right! I forgot about that part. I'm going back over to the F&W festival this weekend. Think I'll grab breakfast there. Thanks for the reminder :)

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Don't forget you'll have "bag check" tables there as well.:thumbsup:

BklynChick
10-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone!