PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a people watcher? Best park?

Terra
10-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Okay, hopefully I'm not alone. Is anyone else here a people watcher?
I don't know what it is [well I do, it's my interest in anthropology], I love people watching and observing.
This is easier obviously with an AP because I can go anytime. I wouldn't necessarily do this on a once in a lifetime or once a year vacation.

But I can go, grab a drink, sit, listen to the music and people watch for hours!

I've found EPCOT is the best place. Not only do you get a live mix of real life diversity, but as you sit in the different countries taking in the sounds, sites, etc, it seems so very real.

Okay, call me a dork now ;)

:haha:

disneymom15
10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
You are not alone, I like to people watch too. Not sure if I have a favorite spot or park to people watch though.

Susan A
10-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I like to people watch, but I don't take as much time out while in Disney world. I like to do the attractions and see the parades.

I think people watching is different in Epcot from MK. It's a little odd seeing adults walk around world showcase with alcohol in their hands.

Last year was probably the first time I sat down for a length of time at a Disney park. My son, 5 at the time, had a meltdown. I parked the stroller outside the exit to mickey's Philharmagic (cool air conditioning flowed out of theater) :) We watched people play that interactive card game, where the window is really a monitor and plays a short clip and a message for the viewer. Anyway, I was surprised to see the # of adults playing.

By the way, what was that called?

lawgirl
10-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Disney is one of the best places to people watch! I've always thought, more from a "scientific" (I'm using that loosely, hehe) perspective, the different types of parks attract different types of people. Like, to me (and this is really just my opinion, just my observation) that HS has a VERY different group of people / social climate than say Epcot. I think its fascinating! MK is a great place to watch "how not to parent". Every time I cannot believe some of the crazy parenting I observe. Epcot is my favorite by far.

I always thought it would be interesting to do some kind of sociology / psychological study of WDW guests. What brought them there, what do they enjoy about it, which is their favorite park, resort, etc... ...is it nostalgia, keeping up with the Jones's, etc...would make for a cool study!

mechanic
10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Caseys at park closing, and adventureland bridge, anytime with a dole whip in my hand.

finaldynasty
10-13-2014, 10:34 PM
I love people watching...Caseys is a great place, but I would also recommend Flame Tree at AK as well! Sunshine Seasons is a good place as well.

:mickey:

Kenny1113
10-13-2014, 11:25 PM
I enjoy people watching as well. :)

I don't have a favorite spot though

By the way, what was that called?

Sorcerer of magic kingdoms. It's really cute. I watched DSs play it last time we were at MK.

ransam
10-14-2014, 12:54 AM
I like to do that. My favorite spot is with a dole whip, and right under the railroad tracks looking toward the castle, and watch people coming into the park. The faces are so happy.

SBETigg
10-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I love people watching in World Showcase. Grab a snack or drink and a bench and just watch them all go by. I tend to make up names and stories for strangers. I like to sit in Norway with a Fiesta Margarita from the stand in Mexico. Or in France with a Grey Goose Slush. :)

Terra
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Love it! I always wonder about the people as well. Their stories, what brought them there, how there children are out of school.
It's really interesting to spark up a conversation with someone while sitting or waiting in line!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I love people watching at Disney...one of my best memories is my mom and me getting coffee and sitting on a bench at DHS watching people come into the park. It was right where you turn to go left towards the hat or right towards Fantasmic.

I also love people watching in World Showcase...just love the atmosphere

stephicakes
10-14-2014, 03:17 PM
I also love people watching in World Showcase...just love the atmosphere

Ditto!! I can sit & sip for hours here. It's the one park I feel that I can slow down a bit :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
10-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Love people watching as well.

It's always so entertaining to see how folks holiday and react to the World. Epcot is my favourite for that, but I will watch in any Park.

Daisy'sMom
10-16-2014, 01:32 PM
This is one of our favorite things. Love sitting on a bench, having a drink, watching everyone. I think Epcot is the best for observing.
Has anyone else noticed how many people are rushing thru the world instead of meandering?

Isabella
10-16-2014, 07:00 PM
One of our favorite places is The Electric Umbrella, outside facing the fountain. We love the music there and the fountain shows. It's great to see the people walk by at the beginning of a fountain show and be startled by the force of some of the water spouts!
Another favorite spot is upstairs in Columbia Harbor House on the overpass where you can see into Fantasy Land one one side and Liberty square on the other.
Also in Pinocchio by the windows overlooking Small World. We wave to the people in the boats and its so fun to see the smiles on the children's faces when they realize someone is watching.
So, yes, we do a lot of people watching. One of the joys of being able to go frequently is to be able to just sit in the atmosphere, sigh and relax!:mickey:

JMTStone
10-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Gary pointed out the perfect place on the podcast. There's a column in the UK at the EPCOT World Showcase. Its a wonderful place to enjoy a :marg::beer: and people-watch.

Even my 12 year old knows "column" after the INTERCOT meet there last WDW January marathon.

Column even has his own facebook page.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Pinocchio Haus by the windows overlooking the start of IASW is a cool spot - lots of interesting interaction with the riders....anywhere around World Showcase because folks are at a more leisurely pace, not racing to catch up with family or get to the next ride....any rider/queue can be a people watching paradise....

Janmac
10-18-2014, 12:35 PM
A lot of our favorites here and some new ones. We like that store in AK near the games and Triceratop Spin. Good for watching park entertainment as well.

DH used to have a good time people watching and chatting on any bench in any park, back when his knees were complaining a lot, before they got replaced. He's just not into attractions/rides much, but he loves people. A bus seat is as good as a park bench, to him, people wise.

Some Florida relatives, back in the 70s, would go to MK just to people watch. They had favorite benches. Went several times a year and I doubt they ever visited an attraction.

Jan

texas211
10-18-2014, 03:48 PM
I tend to camp out near Beauty and the Beast at MGM while the wife rides ToT or RnR. Good place. You can see folks walking down the street, and people who are reaching their limits after the BatB show. You see folks who have had it. I saw this dad slam both his kids into their 3 seater, toss them all juice boxes, throw snacks at them, slam the sun shades down look at his wife and just walk off pushing the stroller.. There was a man ready to just keep walking to the airport, and possibly some kids slightly concussed.

LVT
10-19-2014, 10:06 AM
I like being near the Tree of Life as youngsters come along the paths and "SEE" animals they know. The excitement of discovery.:blush:

KAJUNKING
10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
My name is Jimmy and I am a people watcher! lol

Best place to people watch is imo epcot