PDA

View Full Version : Buying from Disney

purplestarlisa
10-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Hello,
As I understand, Disney has sold out of all DVC except for GF and the resort in Hawaii. Does that mean that if I want to buy from Disney, I can only purchase those two DVCs?

DizneyRox
10-13-2014, 05:34 PM
No, they will strongly suggest that GF and HI are what you want, but if you insist, Disney Magic will produce what you want.

They will purchase (ROFR) a resale if they need to and sell it to you at the going rates. It will help a member sell theirs and you still get full use of the points as opposed to the limited options if you were to buy a resale.

faline
10-13-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree. If you are purchasing directly from Disney, they will work to get the inventory you desire. Since they have the right of first refusal on all properties sold on the secondary market, they can purchase from that source to resell to you.

LandFan
11-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Would they resell it to you at the going resale rates or jack the price up?

faline
11-10-2014, 09:38 AM
If buying from Disney directly, you buy at the Disney rate.

DizneyRox
11-10-2014, 10:25 AM
As mentioned, it's Disney! They jack up the price!

You pay the going rate from Disney, which isn't necessarily the same rate as the "current" properties. It's not resale prices by any means though.

The only thing it changes is the ability to use them as you wish. The end date on the contract is the same at that current property. So, if you bought Beach Club, I think the end date on those is like 2042 or something, it's NOT 2064 as it would be if you bought at the Grand Floridian. If that matters...

LandFan
11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks DisneyRox!