PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP, adding days, and Magic Band Questions

sainter
10-11-2014, 11:02 PM
We are heading to our favorite happy place in 3 days!! I have 2 questions.

We have 6 day hoppers which are linked to our Magic bands. We also have Halloween Party :pumpkin:tickets which I have not linked to the bands.
I am wondering, if you have both linked to your bands and go to Magic Kingdom at 4 pm to get in on the Party ticket, how does the band know not to use a day of the hopper? (For lack of a better way to phrase it).

Also, 2 of our party are staying a few extra days and will want to add days to our hoppers. Can this till be done in the parks and will we need our actual tickets as well as the Magic bands to do so?

Thanks for your help!!:thanks:

ransam
10-12-2014, 05:35 AM
I think that you have to have park admission to go to the Halloween party. So once linked it would use your park hopper ticket and the Halloween ticket as well. but I may be wrong.

call Disney, they may be able to help you.

VWL Mom
10-12-2014, 06:49 AM
I would keep the party ticket separate. There are still reports that while some have had no problems after linking the tickets, some still do. IMO it's not worth the risk.

As far as extending the tickets, I believe you need to hand in the ticket you are exchanging so you need the actually ticket. This can be done at any park ticket window.

Main Street Jim
10-12-2014, 02:21 PM
I think that you have to have park admission to go to the Halloween party. Not true. Party admission is separate from theme-park admission, which is why you won't have to use a "park day" for admission to MNSSHP (i.e., you do NOT have to have MK park admission *in addition to* Party admission - you can get into the park using JUST your MNSSHP ticket after 4:00pm).

sainter
10-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Not true. Party admission is separate from theme-park admission, which is why you won't have to use a "park day" for admission to MNSSHP (i.e., you do NOT have to have MK park admission *in addition to* Party admission - you can get into the park using JUST your MNSSHP ticket after 4:00pm).

Thank you all. We have been to the party before so I know I don't need both admissions, just want to make sure we use the right one. I think we will just take the actual tickets for the party and not link to the bands.

sainter
10-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I would keep the party ticket separate. There are still reports that while some have had no problems after linking the tickets, some still do. IMO it's not worth the risk.

As far as extending the tickets, I believe you need to hand in the ticket you are exchanging so you need the actually ticket. This can be done at any park ticket window.

Thank you for the info on adding days also!