PDA

View Full Version : SO LOST I WANT TO CRY! FastPass blows my mind.

disneyfamilyforever
10-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello All,:sob:

Ok I see lots and lots of things about the new fast pass system, even a really long post on here. But I am having a hard time finding information on what these tiers are people are talking about. I am staying onsite, so I get to book 3 Fast Passes 60 days out. Check I got that, now my question is? If they are available can I book one for Elsa and Anna Meet Greet for my DD and I and one around the same time for my DH and DS to ride Space Mountain. Then I would like the second one to me for Mine Train for all 4 of us and then another one for all 4 of us for either Storytime with Belle or the Little Mermaid ride. Can this be done? What is a choice from Tier one? Where can I find the list of Tiers or do they change each day? Can I book my fastpass all on the first 60 day out or do I have to do them each day each park is 60 days out?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! To anyone who can help me with this.:confused:

VWL Mom
10-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Take a deep breath and relax, you will get through this.

FP Tiers can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2432382&postcount=2)

When making your FP+ you can select who in the party you are making them for. For me I found it easier to book everyone together and then go back and change the one that was different. So in your case you can book all 4 of you for Mine Train, Story Time, and Anna and Elsa. You then go in and change attraction for DH and DS to Space Mt.

As long as you are staying on site you will be able to make all your selections 60 days out from your first day.

DizneyRox
10-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Well, that's progress for you! Speaking of progress... It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

You can do what you are planning, first setup a FP for all of you, then you can go in and edit the two people who want to do something different.

I think you can do the 60+10 days thing (similar to the 180+10). Not positive about that though.

Tiers are specific to I think Epcot and MGM. Basically, you can only pick one ride from the Tier 1 list per person per day. You can get more as your 4th, 5th, 6th, IF there are any available, but normally, the Tier 1 rides are the ones that sell out by noon anyway.

cer
10-10-2014, 04:07 PM
It has been a while for me since I have been there so this might have changed, BUT I do believe that there are no tiers for Magic Kingdom.

You will (I believe) see tiering of FP+ attractions in Epcot and Hollywood Studios - not sure about Animal Kingdom.

BrerGnat
10-10-2014, 05:13 PM
No tiers at MK. But you cannot simply choose rides or experiences at whatever time you want. You are given pre selected options and you HAVE to schedule 3 at a time. You can go in and modify any you want one at a time. It might be hard to match up times for your party on two different attractions.

Stu29573
10-10-2014, 07:12 PM
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If it wasn't for my grandkids I would cancel our upcoming trip. The magic is gone for me. RIP WDW.

Fangorn
10-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes. You can do that. But it will be a multi-step process.

Tiers only apply at Epcot and Studios, so you have one less thing to worry about.

Yes, once you hit that magic 60 day mark from the day you check in, you'll be able make fp+ for every day of your trip.

The two toughest fp+ to get right now are 7DMT and Anna & Elsa. But you should be able to get them if you do it on day 60. You may have to flexible as to the actual day, The later in your trip the greater your liklihood of success.

I've been at WDW for the past 10 days and here's what I've observed:

The app is trying to push you into timings that are best for Disney - not you.

When you make the initial selection for a set of fp+, (you have to make 3), the app will give you 3 or 4 (usually 4) sets to choose from. Pick the one that's least offensive to you, and book them.

Book everything for everyone in your party, even if you know one or more people want to do something else. You can change things later.

Changing things is actually pretty simple.

You will have much greater control over times when you change an individual fp+.

Since the app won't show you available times if those times conflict with existing fp+ or adr reservations, you may have to keep moving things around to be able to see all your options. That sounds harder than it really is.

Steve

Terra
10-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Good input above.
I agree with just booking everyone even if they don't use it. I do that.

And remember, you don't have to do FP. Sometimes the good old fashioned just going and waiting is an option. You don't have to plan everything, just enjoy the moments.
Breath. You'll do great :)

Kind of O/T to some other input.
Though the way booking the current FP in the system is different, you were still never able to pick your times. If anything you had less times to choose from. So in a way the new system is better in that sense because it gives you options.

Before it was show up, and you may get a FP if they weren't out, and you also were given just one time frame. So I don't really understand the hub bub about that.

MargaretMessler
10-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Much like a previous poster, I kind of miss when things were able to a bit more spontaneous - without risking missing out on things for the spontaneity.

That being said, I will learn to adapt to the new way. I just wish it were a little more like booking an ADR, where you could just go through and choose from available times on available rides. Seems it would be a little more user friendly.

VWL Mom
10-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I just wish it were a little more like booking an ADR, where you could just go through and choose from available times on available rides. Seems it would be a little more user friendly.

That would be a great option! For now, once you book and go back and select "change time" it will give you all available times for the ride you're looking for. If you select "change attraction" it will give you all available times for the new attraction. I've found it easy to move things to the way we wanted.

SandmanGStefani24
10-11-2014, 11:23 AM
That would be a great option! For now, once you book and go back and select "change time" it will give you all available times for the ride you're looking for. If you select "change attraction" it will give you all available times for the new attraction. I've found it easy to move things to the way we wanted.

EXCELLENT piece of information!! Thanks!:number1:

disneyfamilyforever
10-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Thank you all very much! I feel a little better after all the information you all have shared. Now if December 1st would just hurry up so I can give it a try.

YOU ALL ARE :number1:

Scrappy2
10-11-2014, 07:13 PM
If seeing Anna and Elsa is a top priority then I would suggest logging in very early for those. I got up about 4 am and logged in on my 60 day mark and was not able to get FP for any of our 9 days. We are going in November and do not think we picked a busy week either.

Fangorn
10-11-2014, 09:00 PM
If you select "change attraction" it will give you all available times for the new attraction. I've found it easy to move things to the way we wanted.

My experience has been that if you "change attraction" the app ONLY gives you the attractions that have available fp+ for the time of your original fp+. You do not get the opportunity to select a different time for the new attraction. To do that requires another transaction.

For example, if you want to change Buzz to SM, but there is no fp+ available for SM at the time of your fp+ for Buzz, you will not see SM as an option - even if there are fp+ available for SM later in the day. In this scenario, if you changed Buzz to later in the day, and then tried to change the attraction, you'd see a fp+ for SM at the later time.

It can take some trial and error, but the process is fairly simple.

Steve

ransam
10-12-2014, 05:40 AM
I share your frustration. So much about this FP system I really don't like.
I don't like the planning everything down to a tee. I like to have plans, but I also like to go with the flow too.
This fast past system will make us rush from spot to spot and instead of enjoying WDW we will be in a rush to get to the next FP reservation.
Not much point in park hopper now if all your FP are in one park.
No taking in the que and enjoying all the little things Disney has to offer.

azcavalier
10-12-2014, 09:37 PM
I was given this bit of wisdom on our trip this past week by someone working the FP+ Kiosk at Epcot. If you don't want/need three FPs, then for the ones you *don't* want, choose a show like Disney Junior Live or the Little Mermaid show. Their FP windows are only 20 minutes (instead of an hour) so they expire sooner.

Of course, the park you're choosing for has to have shows like that. But if you do that, then you will be able to get to that 4th FP sooner.

VWL Mom
10-13-2014, 05:38 AM
My experience has been that if you "change attraction" the app ONLY gives you the attractions that have available fp+ for the time of your original fp+. You do not get the opportunity to select a different time for the new attraction. To do that requires another transaction.

Steve

Interesting, that's a change since our August trip. So now you change attraction and then go back and change time? Good to know, thanks.

BrerGnat
10-13-2014, 08:12 AM
I was given this bit of wisdom on our trip this past week by someone working the FP+ Kiosk at Epcot. If you don't want/need three FPs, then for the ones you *don't* want, choose a show like Disney Junior Live or the Little Mermaid show. Their FP windows are only 20 minutes (instead of an hour) so they expire sooner.

Of course, the park you're choosing for has to have shows like that. But if you do that, then you will be able to get to that 4th FP sooner.

Yep. I figured this out for Epcot. We chose Soarin, Captain EO, and Spaceship Earth. Going to try to get TT as the 4th FP.

MrPeetrie
10-13-2014, 08:57 AM
For example, if you want to change Buzz to SM, but there is no fp+ available for SM at the time of your fp+ for Buzz, you will not see SM as an option - even if there are fp+ available for SM later in the day. In this scenario, if you changed Buzz to later in the day, and then tried to change the attraction, you'd see a fp+ for SM at the later time.

Steve

If this is true, that appears to be poor programming on Disney's part. I'd expect something that clunky to be on a Government-run web site or something.

Fangorn
10-13-2014, 09:16 AM
If this is true, that appears to be poor programming on Disney's part. I'd expect something that clunky to be on a Government-run web site or something.

It's reall not clunky - it works fine. But it goes back to my very first point....

The app is trying to push you into timings that are best for Disney - not you.

Steve

gottaluvtink
10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Good luck with the Mine Train. I went on the very minute I could make fast passes, 60 days out, and STILL couldn't get the Mine Train. VERY FRUSTRATED! :mad:

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Much like a previous poster, I kind of miss when things were able to a bit more spontaneous - without risking missing out on things for the spontaneity.

That being said, I will learn to adapt to the new way. I just wish it were a little more like booking an ADR, where you could just go through and choose from available times on available rides. Seems it would be a little more user friendly.
You can pick available times from available rides at the Fastpass plus kiosks after you have used your three scheduled fast passes. My Family and I loved the new system, however we do not Park Hop. After we used our fastpasses (which btw I suggest selecting the earliest possible times for so you can get several more throughout the day) we went to adventureland which we hadn't seen yet walked right up to the kiosk at JC and got a POTC fast pass with a starting time in 5 minutes, rode pirates walked back to JC and got a JC fast pass with a starting time in 20 minutes, ate some Dole whip, rode JC went to kiosk again and got Fast Pass for SM starting in 20 minutes...I thought this was great! No sending a "runner" to the other side of the park. By the time we got to Tomorrowland you just walked right in line for SM.

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Good luck with the Mine Train. I went on the very minute I could make fast passes, 60 days out, and STILL couldn't get the Mine Train. VERY FRUSTRATED! :mad:
I would go straight to Mine Train as soon as the gates open. What time of year are you going? This happened to me too :( we went in Sept so the standby line was never over an hour.

disneyfamilyforever
10-15-2014, 01:33 PM
We are going the first week of February 2015. My top priority is to get my daughter into Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet, then Mine Train. I am just going to try the fast passes first and if not just run that way to one of them. Crazy, but these are really the top things for the most part.

Destiney

Thanks again for everyones help. You all are :number1:!