PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare Question

mydisneygirls
10-10-2014, 11:07 AM
A friend of mind owns a timeshare and through them they could stay at Disney (BC, BW, VWL, etc). My question - if they are staying on property even though not directly through Disney would they be included in extra magic hours, magical express, magic bands, etc.?

ginny57
10-10-2014, 12:05 PM
The DVC member makes the reservation for you and you are 'staying on property so you are entitled to all the perks! I believe they need to make the DME reservations for you too.

NewDVCowner
10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Just my experience with non Disney timeshares, and this was years ago so it might not still be accurate. While the timeshare company (say, Interval International) does have an agreement with Disney to trade to them basically the way the trade works is that Interval would ONLY have the Disney inventory available if someone with a Disney timeshare exchanges their points to use one of Intervals timeshares. The first time we went to Disney Interval told us that they could trade to a Disney property - however nothing ever came available. What they failed to tell us at the time was that it's not very often that the inventory does become available. You might want to double check on that before planning on a Disney property using a different timeshares points.

mydisneygirls
10-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Thank you. I will have her check on what they say is available. (Forgot to mention that it is non-Disney timeshare).

VWL Mom
10-10-2014, 04:16 PM
DVC is currently in contract with RCI, if she trades in through them they are entitled to all on site perks.

WDWForever
10-10-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm an RCI owner and have traded into Boardwalk and Old Key West. Yes, all perks are available but there's a $95 fee at check-in Disney charges RCI trade-ins.

Cass&KenziesMom
10-11-2014, 06:27 AM
DVC is currently in contract with RCI, if she trades in through them they are entitled to all on site perks.

This is good to know. I'm a Club Wyndham owner and we can also book through RCI. Unfortunately non of the on-site properties had anything available for either of our trips.

Janmac
10-12-2014, 05:07 PM
My sister trades into DVC through RCI. Availability is unreliable. If you have dates picked, you can ask RCI to put you on a wait list. Sometimes this works. Sometimes my sister has seen availability and booked a trip. She checks RCI's website a couple of times a week. Sometimes RCI shows availability that isn't there (called ghosts).

She's traded into OKW, VWL (twice), BWV and we're going to Saratoga Springs in January.

I understand that points exchanges better than weeks. Good luck - it does happen if you're flexible.

Jan

mydisneygirls
10-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Thank all. I will let her know.