PDA

View Full Version : Invited to Disney wedding at GF

Katzateer
10-09-2014, 09:16 AM
A coworker that is my oldest daughters age is getting married at the GF in a little over a year. I told Stephanie I would take her as my guest since that is her dream wedding also.

The mom of the bride said if my friend wants the wedding on a Saturday she will need to pick up the difference. If they get married on a Monday it will be cheaper. I think if people are traveling to Florida the majority will stay a few extra days for vacation so a non- weekend wedding won't really matter.

Any opinions?

The groom doesn't care( he isn't even a Disney fan like the bride but said if that is what she wants, he will be fine getting married at WDW).

Her family and cousins are very into WDW. One of her cousins was married there about 10 years ago on the beach.

SBETigg
10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
It's a destination wedding. There are some people who won't be able to make it anyway. Everyone who attends really wants to be there and is probably taking vacation days. A Monday wedding would probably be fine, and I think saving money on anything wedding related is a good move. Of course, one could argue that it's easier to take a long weekend and get back to work on Monday, but... I think considering the whole destination wedding thing, it's probably going to work.

Belle of the Ball 051411
10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
These are my thoughts exactly! :) (I forgot to quote Sherri's post.)

BrerGnat
10-09-2014, 11:00 AM
We got married at the Wedding Pavilion and it is a LOT cheaper to do it Mon-Thurs. We had ours on a Thursday.

Remind your friend that flying is often cheaper on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. More people will probably go if it costs them less to get there. If she has her wedding on a Monday, everyone can fly in Saturday and then back out Tuesday or Wednesday if they can't stay longer. She and the entire wedding party will need to arrive at least 2 days early for rehearsal and going over final plans anyway. Having it on a Monday also minimizes how much work time off people will have to take if that is a concern.

Katzateer
10-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I can't believe they have to make a special trip to WDW just to plan the wedding! They are taking a famiy vacation in May and then have to go back the end of June to meet with a planner for the wedding. Not sure why the family vacation can't wait until June but the bride and her mom haveto go plan and can't until a certain date in June ( a exact # of days before the wedding).

It's not like the bride is all upset about going twice in a few months time but it seems they could pick what they want from computer images and then send $$$$$ for deposit.

Nothing like our wedding 40 years ago lol. We got married in Indiana, drove in an old car to Florida, camped until we got to WDW. Had one day at MK, ooohh. And aaahhhh at the Crystal Palace cafeteria ( and split a plate of spagetti and meatballs since we coudn't afford to eat much in the parks), stayed one might at the Howard Johnston in now DTD.

BrerGnat
10-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah, you have to go there for a planning session. We did ours in February for a June wedding. It was actually pretty necessary to be there in person. Disney assigns you a team and it is quite important to meet them face to face. They go over everything with you. Everything. On the wedding day, everything is coordinated and carried out flawlessly. It is truly a production and that planning session is essential. Plus, you get to do food and cake tastings for your reception, and you can't do that long distance.

NJGIRL
10-11-2014, 02:52 PM
I know someone who just went out for the planning process. I was actually surprised at the price she is paying per person. It is actually not much more than the average wedding here in South Jersey. I'm sure they have all different price packages but she is only paying $175 per person.

I would go for the Monday wedding BTW

BrerGnat
10-11-2014, 06:35 PM
I know someone who just went out for the planning process. I was actually surprised at the price she is paying per person. It is actually not much more than the average wedding here in South Jersey. I'm sure they have all different price packages but she is only paying $175 per person.

I would go for the Monday wedding BTW

There is a misconception that Disney weddings are SO expensive. They are actually quite reasonable. We could not have had a comparable wedding in CA for the price we paid at WDW.

NJGIRL
10-13-2014, 10:01 AM
There is a misconception that Disney weddings are SO expensive. They are actually quite reasonable. We could not have had a comparable wedding in CA for the price we paid at WDW.

It's a good thing to know for the future. I guess the big thing is trying to get your guests to fly down to FL and pay for a hotel stay.