PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question

kpen625
10-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Hello All~

We are planning to travel to WDW in February. I am purchasing the quick service dining plan with our tickets. At the time of travel my daughter will only be 2 so she does not have the option of a dining plan from what I can tell. We are also booking some additional dinner reservations and do not plan to use the dining credits for breakfast. So my question is can I use a dining credit for her essentially using 3 credits at 1 resturant while there are only 2 adults in our party.\? Sorry for the long winded question and thanks for your help!

Kristina:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2014, 09:32 PM
If you're planning on using your credits for a kids meal, you will probably come out ahead if you just pay for your meals, instead of using the dining plan.

You may get a CM who doesn't care, (and I've had very generous CM's when we're trying to use all of our credits) but they are only supposed to let you use the number of credits on your plan, so you can't count on being able to use 3 at a time.

Janmac
10-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Many of the restaurants serve generous meals. More than most 2 year olds would eat. Most of the time, the 2 year olds in our group merely shared whatever their adults were eating. On an extra plate.

Most of the children's meals are inexpensive enough to pay out of pocket. They are rather standard from restaurant to restaurant. At the Info Central tab at the top of the page you will find access to sample menus for various WDW restaurants.

Many times we ordered appetizers for our toddlers, rather than the somewhat standard kids meals. Even while on the Dining Plan.

Jan

kpen625
10-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I booked my trip today. When I do the math it's not a big difference either way.

Have a great night all!