PDA

View Full Version : Does MDE app do push notifications?

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 01:43 PM
To let you know when FP+ are coming up soon?

yankeesfan123
10-08-2014, 02:21 PM
To let you know when FP+ are coming up soon?

Not yet! :(

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Bummer.

CanadianWDWFan
10-08-2014, 02:26 PM
It would be a good thing to have. Instead I put the FP times into my calendar and I can set when to receive the notifications.

Figment104
10-08-2014, 04:20 PM
It would be a good thing to have. Instead I put the FP times into my calendar and I can set when to receive the notifications.

This is a great idea until they offer a push option. I think I'll start doing this tonight for our trip next week.

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Ugh. I am not doing that. Way too much extra work. Kind of negates having the app.

CanadianWDWFan
10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Ugh. I am not doing that. Way too much extra work. Kind of negates having the app.
It takes no time to set it up. Copy and paste and it is done! My calender contains every thing from work, appointments, dinner reservations, hockey games, hotel reservations and even airline and cruise details. So why not use it for FP's since it is in my pocket anyway? This way I have control over how it will remind me of upcoming times. I set it up for multiple alerts, one hour before and then 10 minutes before.

Talking to others, this seems to be the more common way that folks do it, except for my DW, who likes to have everything written down. The MDE app is good for changing/adding stuff on the fly, I don't use it for much else.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-08-2014, 07:58 PM
I've also heard of some people pulling up the FP+ details, taking a screen shot and using that picture as their lock screen image.

You'll have to do it each day ... and it doesn't push, but at least it makes it easy to check, without having to log in each time.

BrerGnat
10-08-2014, 08:32 PM
I've also heard of some people pulling up the FP+ details, taking a screen shot and using that picture as their lock screen image.

You'll have to do it each day ... and it doesn't push, but at least it makes it easy to check, without having to log in each time.

Ooh, that's a good idea! Going to do that!

ransam
10-09-2014, 02:41 AM
I never thought of that, but that's a great idea.

MrPeetrie
10-09-2014, 06:40 AM

I second that. Great idea.

goofynmd
10-09-2014, 08:49 AM

:thumbsup:
Brilliant!!! Thanks for the suggestion. Also will not drain the battery as quick as bringing up the MDE app.

stephicakes
10-09-2014, 09:10 AM
I take pics of everything in MDE - our FP+ times, ADRs, APs in case we lose them. Then I can pull them up quickly when there's spotty service in the parks :thumbsup: