PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge ?

wilcat
10-08-2014, 09:29 AM
We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in Oct. of 2016. I would like to surprise my DH with a stay at AKL. We have never done a deluxe before and I am really looking forward to the adventure of staying there. I think we will go in Sept. only because the rates are lower and there is the chance we may get free dining during that time. Which room should I go for? A savannah view or the Arusha view? I am not sure what the difference is between the two but I know he would really like being able to view the animals and I was looking for opinions of which you all think is better for that.
Cathy

faline
10-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Aursha is a Savannah view. It's just the name of one of the savannahs.

pox24
10-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Stay at the Jambo House and book a savannah view for sure.:thumbsup:

tjstrike
10-20-2014, 09:20 PM
I've been doing some checking on this too and it seems there are several savannah view rooms that have been reallocated to standard view rooms. Maybe because the view of the animals wasn't so great or there's a people pen under the room, I don't know but it's worth looking into.

NJGIRL
10-21-2014, 08:41 PM
We had the savannah view a few times at AK and loved it. While sitting on the balcony in the afternoon we had one of the animal handlers come up to us and had a private
Q & A with her. That was so cool.

Lindsey310
10-23-2014, 06:40 PM
We stayed in a "value" room in February and had a Savannah view...it was in the villas section. And the points were a LOT cheaper than a Savannah view. :mickey:

42 daysssssss:cloud9:

LVT
11-02-2014, 08:30 PM
We were upgraded to a savannah view and it was great. 4 cynical adults were glued to the balcony. I had not paid for the view, thinking it was not worth the cost, but now :number1:

MCeee
11-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Just to add... we have never paid for Savannah View either. Once we were upgraded to it, and we loved it. A couple other times we simply got located there... nothing said.
One other time, we got pool view (no Savannah), and it was great as well. Reason being, there are many animal viewing locations both inside/outside the resort. We didn't feel left out at all. We also noticed something else with the pool view rooms. We were afraid the noise would be an issue (screaming kids etc.). It was a bit noisy with the sliding glass door open, but once we closed it, perfectly quiet... it was impressive.