PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Reservation Only?

Going2HeavenRU
10-08-2014, 07:23 AM
This may already be in a post some place but I just read an article online that there is a test going on with Toy Story Mania where you cannot stand in line to wait any more, You have to have a fast pass: "Normally, the wait time to ride Toy Story Mania can easily stretch over an hour, but the new reservation-only system means that Disney World guests won’t have the option of waiting it out in the standby queue."

The article said it was a four day test but may be something that will be affecting more rides. As the article says "What makes this four-day test potentially big news is that it could be a vision of how theme parks will operate on a broader scale in the future....What works out especially brilliantly for Disney is that when guests aren’t waiting in lines, they’re free to roam about in the areas where they’re apt to spend more money, such as gift shops and restaurants. After all, you can’t buy overpriced souvenirs while you’re stuck waiting on line."

I hated the stress of having to micro manage my trip this year 60 days in advance just to make sure I could ride Test Track or Soaring. Now it appears we may have to plan out every single ride we want to ride when we want to ride it for our entire trip!

VWL Mom
10-08-2014, 07:52 AM
This is being discussed over in News, come join us there (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=206934)