PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House - Lunch

barbiegirl314
10-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone :mickey:

Almost time to book out ADR's for our April trip and I'm so excited :woohoo:

Looking for some feed back on the Lunch at Tusker House: What characters are there? How is the Buffet? Service?

TIA :mickey:

Scar
10-11-2014, 10:54 AM
I haven't been to Tusker House since they changed to characters. But before that it was always a must for lunch for me.

Hopefully someone else here can answer your question.

thejens
10-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Great food, lots of interesting variety plus the usual stuff for timid types. When I was there Donald and Micky etc. were there. Not sure if this has changed. One of my favorites. We always try to go at the end of bfast time so we can have both bfast and lunch selections.

ransam
10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
great choice. I love the atmosphere, food is awesome, and I believe the characters were the 5 main ones.

Scrappy2
10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
I really did not enjoy it. Donald was out front and did not sign autographs. They just rushed us for a quick picture. Pluto and Mickey's visit to the table was so fast. Very little interaction with my GS. Atmosphere and service was great. I personally did not care for the food but it was just stuff I do not eat.

titleistboy
10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
We ate lunch there last Sunday...

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Minnie were there, in safari gear.

More or less the usual variety of food, but I personally feel that Tusker does the best job of maintaining their buffet and offering variety - beef, pork and chicken, a handful of seafoods, and some middle-eastern/african salads and appetizers. If you're just a bit adventurous, you'll love it.

I also think Tusker has the best character buffet service, which is a nice bonus.

Only problem - as AK has basically 3 TS restaurants, the place was mobbed waiting to get in - I'd suggest checking in 20-30 minutes early for your seating...don't wait till the moment, or else you'll stand in line to check in for 30 minutes like we did!

RavsRuleDisney!
10-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Go for it - the few times we've been there it's been fine....buffet/service/ character interaction....our DS' give it two :thumbsup::thumbsup: