PDA

View Full Version : This is just so wrong!

Fangorn
10-04-2014, 02:37 PM
At MK today. VERY crowded. There's a wait for the Peoplemover even!

Steve

faline
10-04-2014, 03:10 PM
There are several times in the past couple/few years when we've encountered a line for this ride. I was quite surprised the first time it happened!

natedog24
10-04-2014, 04:20 PM
There are a couple attractions where if there's a wait, you know the parks are super crowded.
In MK, it's the PeopleMover. In Epcot, it's Figment.
I remember not too long ago when early October was crowds were so light that you could walk on any attraction. Those were the days!

Basket Mommy
10-04-2014, 04:22 PM
I've only been there a couple of times when there was a wait for the Peoplemover. I have a friend who's at WDW right now and she reported only 35 min waits for Soarin' yesterday. I was starting to think maybe it wasn't very crowded! It amazes me how one park can be dead one day and slammed the next. I have a personal rule to only do MK on a Tuesday or Wednesday if possible. Maybe Thursday. NEVER Saturday or Sunday if I can avoid it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Oh wow! A wait for the Peoplemover is a definite indicator of crowds.

AgentC
10-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Oh wow! A wait for the Peoplemover is a definite indicator of crowds.

Yep, if I see a line there I usually turn around and leave!

Saturdays through out the fall at Magic Kingdom are much busier than they used to be especially once you hit October. There are so many early closings due to the Halloween party. This week they were Sunday, Thursday and Friday. After two early closes , MK tends to be be packed.

Fangorn
10-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Been here since Wednesday. Today is the first day we've experienced any real crowds. I've seen a short line for Peoplemover before (a dozen or so folks) but today it was snaked around by the escalator and then stretched nearly back to COP. It didn't stay that way for long though - maybe 5 minutes. Then back to just a few people.

But still, it's just not "right" :D

Steve

texas211
10-04-2014, 06:16 PM
If I saw a line for Journey Into.. I'd assume the 4 horsemen were there too.. I've never seen a line at Journey. I mean. Maybe like if a tour group walks in ahead of me, but nothing legit.

ransam
10-05-2014, 04:12 AM
one thing about this ride is that everyone can ride it, old people, young, so the line can get long sometimes.

1DisneyNut
10-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I have been there and seen lines back up for it right after a parade or show ends and then the ride break down for a few minutes. It moves so many people (hehe) it only takes a couple of minutes of it being down to back the line up. Once they get it going again, the line usually dissipates in 15 minutes or so.

Isabella
10-05-2014, 11:14 AM
We have always been able to go around again without getting off. :secret: This time we had to get off and get in line again to ride again. It wasn't having "technical difficulties, just A LOT of people wanting to be moved! :atv:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Wonder if this means the October crowds have started.

BrerGnat
10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
This weekend is very busy at Disney. There are a couple HUGE conventions happening this week. I am going in two weeks. Originally, we were going to go this weekend but literally ALL the resorts were booked solid when we checked about six weeks ago. I knew when I saw that that this weekend would be insanely crowded and even though we could have booked the Dolphin we decided to wait two more weeks. Availability for the weekend two weeks from now was practically wide open. We could have stayed anywhere.

baldburke
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
We're coming up on Columbus Day weekend so I would totally expect crowds to swell. Holiday + F&W + Locals = Crowds!

minnie04
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I have never seen a line at the people mover.. we always ride it to take a break from the heat and the crowds. Maybe that was what poeple were thinking all at once...lol was it super hot? any breeze will do when its super hot in MK.

JabberJaws
10-07-2014, 11:14 AM
We're coming up on Columbus Day weekend so I would totally expect crowds to swell. Holiday + F&W + Locals = Crowds!

Don't fret too much about CD having a big impact on crowds. Most schools around the country don't get CD off. I live in SC and no schools here get it, and only two small counties in Florida give CD off. Most schools do a "Fall Break" of sorts either early in October (first weekend) or late in October (last two weekends).

Basically, October is just busy the whole month now. Really, there aren't many dead days at the parks at any point during the year, at least not their used to be. Early (post labor day weekend) to mid Sept is still probably the best time to go.

For the OP, I always avoid MK on Saturdays. I know some people don't think so, but it has been my experience that the day of the week you go to a particular park definitely makes a difference.

That being said, the only time I've ever seen a significant wait (more than 5 mins) at TTA was when we were there Dec. 29 and 30 one year. Talk about CROWDS!

Fangorn
10-09-2014, 11:29 AM
If I saw a line for Journey Into.. I'd assume the 4 horsemen were there too.. I've never seen a line at Journey. I mean. Maybe like if a tour group walks in ahead of me, but nothing legit.

I'm sad to report that the 4 horsemen are here today. There is currently a 25 min wait for Journey into Imagination... but then there was a 35 min wait for Spaceship Earth earlier (only 10 min now).

:D

Steve

masonlovesdisney
10-09-2014, 11:45 PM
The lines were very light for us during our time in September (17-23), but MK was very very crowded on the monday, our last day (22). More than 30 minute waits for about everything.

My family has stopped going in October due to the crowds. They used to be very light, but now have become very crowded, possibly due to everyone finding out that it was a light month. lol.