PDA

View Full Version : did WDW just increase the park hours?

drosenbe
10-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I've been planning our WDW trip from 10/7 - 10/15 for months.

I was just doing some last minute adjusting, and it seems as if the parks are all going to be open much later (on 10/11, MK will be open till 3am)

I'm not complaining, but when did this happen?

yankeesfan123
10-02-2014, 11:42 PM

I was just doing some last minute adjusting, and it seems as if the parks are all going to be open much later (on 10/11, MK will be open till 3am)

They change hours constantly. The hours could change on the very day you're at the park!

Mogie
10-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Yep happens all the time. This week they added an hour to Animal Kingdom in the evenings and extended Magic Kingdom hours one night till 2 am I believe. I can't figure out if this to to spread out crowd levels at a park with heavy crowds or to draw heavy crowds away from a park to one with low crowds. Either way not complaining! More time is more for your money!

andypooh
10-03-2014, 08:20 AM

The original hours that come out 6 months ahead of time frequently change and like others have said it can happen a few days before. I notice it is usually a few weeks to a month or two beforehand for our summer trips. I just check fairly frequently and at least a few of the days we are there always end up with later closings, especially at the MK

Fangorn
10-03-2014, 10:24 AM

It actually happened several weeks ago. We're here now and i noticed it about 3 weeks ago. 10/11 is the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend - hence the 3am emh. But tomorrow 10/4 MK is open until midnight with a 2am emh. All the other parks are open later as well. Even AK is open until 8 pm a couple of days next week.

Steve

John
10-03-2014, 11:27 AM
If it happens - it means one thing - they anticipate big crowds. See you there :)

SBETigg
10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
If it happens - it means one thing - they anticipate big crowds. See you there :)

Exactly what I was thinking. This means to expect crowds. Unfortunately, I can't add the "see you there." Maybe next time. :cool:

Hammer
10-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I noticed that MK is open until 11 PM during the week for non-MNSSHP nights next week. I figured crowds when I saw I ended up the same time as Gartner again and that there were fall breaks were scheduled for year round schools. Oh well, not worrying about it. We'll do what we can. It isn't like I've never been to WDW before. This is vacation and I will not set an alarm.