PDA

View Full Version : Episode 69 - You Don?t Ask Someone Else To Say Garwsh!

John
09-30-2014, 05:10 PM
The Cast: Gary O’Brien, Cindy Jachrimo, Todd McCartney, Ian Mitchell, Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, John Yaglenski

- Frozen in Malestrom It’s great and terrible and where are we going to wait in line?

- INTERCOT Consulting: The perfect queue. Beer cart, bathroom, then ride

- Frozen Bathrooms

- Old attractions to New

- Two words. Hydro. Later.

- Everybody generally agrees that all the songs used to be better in old EPCOT -Mainly because they were so funky baby.

- Take it or leave it: Tiered amenities. John has the tallies

- Back to old attractions

- If You Had Wings was free, so obviously it was the best according to dad

- MNSSHP-New additions-Amazing, Bowler hat guy, John Warner’s amazing photos, New trick or treat stations, Villain soiree not so much

- Disney Bound

- #runICOT

- Cheering is as inspiring as running

-*You don’t ask someone else to say Garwsh!* Goofy always does it.*

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, SHARE, DRINK A CUP OFJOE with America's Barista, Gary... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-69.asp)

PirateLover
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Another entertaining show! I really liked hearing you guys talk about the old Epcot attractions. I only had one visit pre-2002, and I was young and barely remember any of the old rides :( I feel like, from what I've seen on YouTube, they would be right up my alley as an adult.

Take it or leave it- Tiered amenities- I say leave it. I'm with Ian. I think the original FastPass system that was free and fair to all worked perfectly fine, and it was something that set Disney apart from the rest. I'm not a fan of pay-to-play, especially in a park that had set such a wonderful precedent in bucking the price gouging front-of-the-line trend that has been embraced by so many other parks.

BriarRose0708
10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
TIOLI- I think it would work if you were staying Deluxe. To get maybe more FP+ options per day would be great. You pay so much to stay Deluxe that some extra park perks would be more justification for the price!

Welcome back to the Podcast, Christine! Missed you these past few episodes.

I never went to EPCOT before 2007 so I've missed out on a ton but I actually know all the "old school" songs thanks to Disney Parks radio streaming on Live365. I know all the words to Universe of Energy, Kitchen Caberet, etc. So catchy and funky!

I am really torn with what to do about Maelstrom. I will be getting to WDW with my family on Sunday the 5th and in theory I would have time to skip over to EPCOT for one last ride while my boyfriend and the kids explore Downtown Disney. I don't have a park ticket for arrival day so I'd be shelling out $100 just to get a ride in.... But it's my favorite and could be worth it.... I just don't know!

disneykidsince1970
10-06-2014, 06:33 AM
THANK YOU!!!

Loving another podcast so soon!!

still listening... but...

I am thinking that nostalgia is what drives me to vote for animatronics in Mexico...

Donald and friends dressed up in Mexican garb... reminds me of remember the original Mickey Mouse Review in Fantasyland? The Three Caballaros!! ('71 - '80)

disneykidsince1970
10-06-2014, 06:34 AM
also loving all the sounds of the old rides... thanks for including them - so glad you didn't edit that.

of course...making it hard for me to get any work done now.

"...The Univeeeeeerse of Energyyyyyyyy"

BrerGnat
10-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Tiered perks: TAKE IT. I am all for it. I don't always stay at the same level of accommodation, but I am all for giving better perks as you go up from Value to Deluxe. However, I am also for giving the option of purchasing those perks available to deluxe guests if one wishes.

I think Universal was smart in how they implemented their EP system.

mickeyman42
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Another great episode everyone.

take it or leave it? I say TAKE IT. keep the system as is for the Deluxe resorts, kick the moderates and values off, but allow them to buy a 3 fp option if they want. Universal has the best system, no planning required, just show up and get in the EP line for everything (except HP), no limits, no schedule, done. We have done Universal 3 times in the past, have just stayed at the Hard Rock this past trip to get the free EP and will never go back to Universal without staying onsite (at a deluxe no less) and getting the free EP. Marketing 101 people, they will now get our resort dollars for at least 2-3 nights going forward, and they have won us over, best EP/FP experience ever, hands down.

again, great episode, and if you ever need a Canadian perspective.........let me know, I think I have a unique outlook, coming from the east coast, and only having gone to WDW as a adult with children.....just sayin' :mickey:

disneykidsince1970
10-06-2014, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=BrerGnat;2436304]Tiered perks: TAKE IT. I am all for it. I don't always stay at the same level of accommodation, but I am all for giving better perks as you go up from Value to Deluxe. However, I am also for giving the option of purchasing those perks available to deluxe guests if one wishes.
QUOTE]

FULLY AGREE. especially the part where anyone could to the "add-ons" if they wanted to -regardless of where you are staying.

On a related note, the conversation turned to what do you are really getting for "deluxe" hotel prices now... and location is certainly one. The look/feel is more deluxe as well. Otherwise, the amenities and service are pretty much the same.

It is interesting to think about why Disney opted for the Four Seasons on property. I hear it will be same pricing (or close) to deluxe properties but less "Disney-fied."

... on the other hand, it will hi-lite the big difference in service standard. Especially interesting as Disney struggles to maintain the consistent high service level of the old days...

dpamac
10-13-2014, 03:51 PM
It is interesting to think about why Disney opted for the Four Seasons on property. I hear it will be same pricing (or close) to deluxe properties but less "Disney-fied."

... on the other hand, it will hi-lite the big difference in service standard. Especially interesting as Disney struggles to maintain the consistent high service level of the old days...

Funny you should mention it. Both Christine and Cindy have been to the Four Seasons. Christine got a guided tour and Cindy stayed as a guest. We discuss this very topic of "what is deluxe" on the upcoming (ep. 70) episode of the podcast. Stay tuned...

GMRO
11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Another great PC...and nice to hear so many voices on it. Nice big CREW!!! ;)

Very nice to hear you’re reminiscing about the OLD Disney. I never got to see it but very much enjoy hearing about the comparisons of old attractions vs. the replacements.

Tiers? Not for me. I have to side with Ian - that should be resort specific based on location and features etc. Everyone in the park got in...all should have the same level. SURE at the park if you want to PAY more and upgrade - fine. Sorry - if you want to lay your head on a pillow @ $480+/night your choice but you still need to stand in line like the rest in the parks. It's been approx. 8+ years since my shoes have been in the Universal parks... Not a potterfanboy at all. Yes I do miss Spidey and Hulk and T2 and ol'Back to the Future. YUP I know B2F is gone but it was a great attracton IMO. It was about that time, 8 years ago, where they began the pay ahead of the line deals. Least I think… Ala-cart everything on top of your admission into the parks. So we began to spend more with the mouse. Funny - at that time and before we were 70% Universal and 30% WDW for our vacation time/money. After that sour taste of PAYING FOR EVERYTHING we didn’t even claim our passes for park entry on their property. We walked right out of Universal. I still have the letter they sent me as a result of my visit to guest relations before we left. Since then we spend with the mouse and have not looked back. If it continues at Disney, ala-cart, I can see US spending more time on the water/DCL. I loathe all the pre-planning nonsense/apps etc – I REALLY DO!!! I'll take paper passes all day! Paper or plastic? ERR - Paper or Plastic Magic Band FP+... I'll have paper. ;) Legacy FP’s always worked for us. I agree Disney is not concerned with the return patrons. Seems all is about the 1-timers/non-returners. SHAME for us, all of us!!!

Starting PC70 this week/end.

THANKS CREW!!!

GMRO
11-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Forgot to mention, very KEWL that the title for this PC was chosen SOOO SOOO LATE in the PC.

NIIIICCCCEEEE! :thumbsup: