PDA

View Full Version : Check Out The New Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal!

Patricia
09-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Posted on Disney Parks Blog by Robert Hitchcock, PR Manager/Content Producer, runDisney

We hear it all the time, “It’s all about the bling!” Well today, Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend runners who registered for the Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Challenge will not be disappointed as we reveal the treasure waiting for them at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas.
The inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge takes place in January 2015. Hundreds of runners are combining the excitement of participating in a marathon weekend event with a four-night cruise aboard the Disney Dream. After running their event at Walt Disney World Resort, challenge participants set sail on a four-night cruise and run the Castaway Cay 5K to earn the inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge finisher medal. They will also enjoy exclusive runDisney activities throughout the cruise, including featured menu items, guest speaker session and special merchandise.

Now some of you might be wondering how can I get one of these amazing medals?

If you are registered for the 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon you still have the opportunity to claim your treasure. Registered runners can book the four-night cruise aboard the Disney Dream departing Feb. 23 from Port Canaveral, and participate in the Castaway Cay Challenge.

It’s the perfect way to extend your family trip or your ultimate girls weekend and keep the celebration going for four more nights. In addition to the Castaway Cay 5K and the Castaway Cay Challenge finisher medal, runners can purchase a trip to Senses Spa for a post-race massage, a steam bath or sauna in the Rainforest room. Continue to relax by the fresh water pools, jetted hot tubs or take an exciting ride on The AquaDuck, a thrilling transparent tube water coaster that actually goes off the side of the ship. End your days with the girls enjoying a Broadway-style show, or dancing and celebrating the night away in one of several nightclubs.
For more information and to register for the Disney Princess Weekend Castaway Cay Challenge, visit runDisney.com.

Tri Minnie
09-30-2014, 06:09 PM
This would be really fun! I wish my budget didn't have so many constraints :)

badkitty
09-30-2014, 11:59 PM
That is a really cool medal! Maybe some day...