PDA

View Full Version : FP+ times

ransam
09-30-2014, 02:38 AM
Is there any give in to the time on a FP+? LIke if your FP is from 12 to 12:20 and you get there at 12 30, can you still go on?
I'm not talking hours later, but a few minutes late?

yankeesfan123
09-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Is there any give in to the time on a FP+? LIke if your FP is from 12 to 12:20 and you get there at 12 30, can you still go on?

I know I was let *in* 5 minutes early multiple times. But it had to be exactly 5 minutes, not 6.

As far as any "give" on the other end... I'm not sure.

Strmchsr
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
No, there's no give any longer. They will occasionally do early as mentioned above, but even that is spotty depending on the CM, but the end time is hard and fast.

DizneyRox
09-30-2014, 12:26 PM
If the Mickey head turns green you're in, otherwise not. I don't think the CM's see a time, only that you're in the window or not.

I suspect there's an offset of maybe 30 minutes to an hour on the second reader to prevent people from bypassing the first, but still account for a line, but I think you need to be winthin the window to make it past the first, no ifs, ands or buts.

yankeesfan123
09-30-2014, 09:22 PM
If the Mickey head turns green you're in, otherwise not. I don't think the CM's see a time, only that you're in the window or not.

I suspect there's an offset of maybe 30 minutes to an hour on the second reader to prevent people from bypassing the first, but still account for a line, but I think you need to be winthin the window to make it past the first, no ifs, ands or buts.

The CM has no control.

But from my experience, the computer gave you 5 minutes on the front end. We were continuously allowed in a few minutes before our time and were told almost every time that there was 5 minutes of give on the early end.

titleistboy
10-15-2014, 09:44 AM
We just got back a week ago, and had a couple in our group get on Soarin' 10 minutes after their window had ended, no questions asked. It was at 8:45 PM, but the Mickeys turned green and they walked on through...I'm guessing there's some flexibility on the times built in to the system, but who knows how much?

We also had to wait twice for our windows to start, both times when we were there within 5 minutes of them starting. The parks were crazy busy during those times...not sure if it just depends on what's going on at the time, who's working the line, or what...

jclightchasr
10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
We would ask the CM during our trip Early October this year and the response was "let's See" and they waited for the Green Light. I really don't think they have control but there is obviously a little grace on the timeframe (we got in five minutes early a few times ourselves).

Figment104
10-21-2014, 01:22 PM
We ran into this at Epcot on our trip last week at Spaceship Earth. I made it to Spaceship Earth just before our fastpass time expired and asked the cast member if the rest of my group who were over at the Land, but were on their way would be able to still ride through the Fastpass line. I was told that there is a 5-10 min grace period on the back end. I'm not sure how long after our time had passed that the rest of our party got to Spaceship Earth, but the Mickey head turned green when they went through at the first check point.

BrerGnat
10-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Just so you know, all the time windows are an hour long.

WDWdriver
10-21-2014, 04:56 PM
The CMs can override the computer by tapping a button on their console screen. This will cause the Mickey reader to turn green and will also give you a green light at the second reader.

Obviously this requires a CM willing to give you a break. They can do it, but don't count on it. :mickey:

BrerGnat
10-21-2014, 05:16 PM
The CMs can override the computer by tapping a button on their console screen. This will cause the Mickey reader to turn green and will also give you a green light at the second reader.

Obviously this requires a CM willing to give you a break. They can do it, but don't count on it. :mickey:

I don't know about that. We just came back from a quick visit and witnessed three instances of a CM just letting people in even though they did not arrive anywhere close to the window. On another occasion, a set of grandparents and two kids tried to access FP+ line at Big Thunder. The grandparents had valid FP but the kids did not. CM checked and it showed the kids next FP was for Peter Pan. CM let them all in anyway.

My friend and I concluded that they just don't want to deal with a confrontation and it seems WDW management has empowered them, likely to cut down on negative feedback or visits to GS to complain.

Just waiting for the word to get out and people to start taking advantage/abusing the CMs ability to just "let it slide."

DizneyRox
10-21-2014, 06:29 PM
That was policy on the paper fast pass. CM's weren't supposed to advertise that the end time was not enforced, but when pressed, they were to allow them in. Was right in the policies and procedure manuals for each ride.

So if CM's can now check, I wouldn't be surprised if they cave as well. It's not like you can predict 60 days out what's going to happen at MK. Heck, I could pull a fast pass at 10am for 1pm and have something come up. The difference was, I could try the next day before, now there's often no way to get a FP on that short notice.

Fangorn
10-22-2014, 01:32 AM
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we had a situation where we had a fp for potc. It was down during our fp time and there was a message on my DME account that because of ride being down we were being given an extra fp to HM (the potc one couldn't be changed as we were already into the window). When we got to HM and tried to use it, Mickey didn't turn green and the CM wouldn't let us in. When i showed her the message on my DME, she told us she could override it and let us on, but what normally happens when they do that is that the system replaces your next fp with the ride you're trying to get on. In our case that next fp was 7DMT and she didn't want us to take the chance that we might lose that fp. She would if we insisted, but... We declined to take the risk.
Based on that conversation, it sounds like they can let folks on even when Mickey doesnt turn green, but it may not be without consequences.

Steve

CaptSmee
10-23-2014, 11:38 AM
I was there about a month ago & on a not so busy day saw a particular CM allow blue after blue circle go on (early I think). I was thinking to myself kinda defeats the purpose of securing my FP+ time months ahead if time. This didn't seem to be the norm but I certainly witnessed it.