PDA

View Full Version : FP and missing the queue

disneyfamily05
09-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I believe a lot of the magic is in walking thru the queue that starts the "story" of your ride. In which instances do FP entrances bypass the majority of that "story"? I'm taking a friend (her first time) to WDW and want her to experience a lot of the details that you see as you walk thru the queue (at least those that seem to matter) - so this makes a difference in what I try to get a FP for vs. not.

For example, I could care less if we FP (and therefore miss) the line at Soarin and quickly walk thru the hallway with the info on the screens - it just doesn't add that much to the experience IMO. I know opinions will be different - but let me know which queues you don't think she should miss.

Strmchsr
09-29-2014, 04:43 PM
It depends on the ride. There are definitely some rides that the queue is half the fun. Then there are things like Soarin where the queue is as boring as it gets. The point of FP is to get you on the ride as quickly as possible so the FP line does almost always skip the entire story part of the queue. I can't think of any instance where you get a taste of the story while going through the FP line.

garthbarth1
09-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Expedition Everest for sure!! I love the line-so much interesting stuff about the YETI! And i love TOT too, although its just a bit inside too!! HM maybe as well!