PDA

View Full Version : Seven Dwarfs Mine Train-Initial AM Wait Times?

Gypsysmak
09-28-2014, 09:58 AM
We are planning on being at MK long before it opens and going directly to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I've heard of other rides opening before official park opening. Does the Mine Train open exactly at 9:00, or is there a chance it could open earlier? How quickly does the wait time increase? Would 9:15-9:30 already see 60 minute wait times? I want to find out whether it is worth rushing my family to the ride first thing or whether we should get a FP+, which I'd rather save for something else. Thanks!

texas211
09-28-2014, 10:18 AM
That was our experience last week.

Strmchsr
09-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Fantasyland does not open before the official opening. In fact, the only thing in MK open before the official opening is Main St USA and even that you have to have an ADR. So, you'd have to join the crowd. Yes, most people are now rushing straight to Fantasyland at rope drop but it still seemed to take a few minutes before the wait time really climbed. If you go straight there you should be able to ride without too long of a wait.

The FP line is definitely the easiest way to do it, though.

andypooh
09-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Unless you are right in front you will have a wait. If you are not towards the front of the people entering MK you will probably have at least a 20 minute wait and could be longer depending on how quickly you move

We used a FP and wait was always 3-10 minutes

I would recommend FP and walk on to whatever else it is you wanted to save the FP for at 9am

DizneyRox
09-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Check the app and you'll see, it climbs pretty quick to 60+ minutes. By 9:30 for sure, I've seen it at 60+ at 9:05 in the summer.

spoiledraf
09-28-2014, 08:49 PM
We did it during the parade at night. 20 minutes !

Gypsysmak
09-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks! I'll get a FP+ for it then. It is so new, I couldn't find much info on this.

ransam
09-29-2014, 03:04 AM
whatever you do, don't miss this, it's awesome.

arbie_c
09-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Good info to know. I haven't been able to get a FP for our upcoming trip so I've been worried.

natedog24
09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Just got back from WDW - If you're not there at rope drop, and power walking to the attraction, I'd expect to wait at least 30 minutes.
We were there on Sunday, saw the opening show, got right into the park, briefly stopped at the first water fountain to fill up 2 water bottles, then went to the Mine Train, and waited about 35-40 minutes. In hindsight, stopping for less than 2 minutes exponentially increased our wait time and we should've done it later, but at the time, we didn't expect it to be as crazy. Lesson learned: Ride first, water second.