PDA

View Full Version : Michael's favorite good neighbour hotel was what?

mickeyman42
09-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Ok, so planning a trip to DL for June 2015 (just 3 nights before going to Aulani), and are considering staying at a good neighbor hotel near DL. Problem is, there are so many, most of which are basic hotel/motels, which isn't a problem but it makes it hard to find decent reviews as people have so many expectations with hotels its hard to know what places are actually terrible vs the places that people just had too many expectations for.

That said, I know Michael had recommended a property on at least 2 podcasts, that was right across the street from DL, I believe it was a Best Western, but I can't remember which one ( I believe there are 2 in close proximity) and maybe it wasn't even BW. I can't find the specific podcasts and my itunes will only go back to ep 49, I think the reference may have been in ep 46, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone remember this? or would you have your own recommendation? I realize this is the podcast forum, not DL, but I think my question is more podcast related, thanks in advance

VWL Mom
09-28-2014, 10:07 AM
I found a few older posts, was it the Ramada Maingate you are thinking of?

Disney4us2
10-05-2014, 08:01 AM
While it is not listed as a good neighbor hotel. I have stayed at the Park Vue Inn. It's directly across the street from the entrance to both parks. Nothing fancy, but I found it clean.

Melanie
10-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I do believe it is Ramada Maingate that Michael recommends. My personal preference is the Fairfield Inn, but we tend to favor Marriott properties. We've stayed there four times now, and it's always perfect. Great location, nice staff, perfectly fine rooms.

Patricia
10-05-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm with Melanie.

We always stay at Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott too. Always clean, well priced and close by.

Here is a MAP (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_nextgen/SiteCatalog/PDF/GoodNeighborHotelsMap.pdf) of the good neighbor hotels.

tinkwest
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Michael has mentioned Ramada Maingate many times. It is within easy walking distance from the parks.

Haven't stayed there yet but it is on my list of places to try. If I remember correctly, they are currently under or just completed a renovation.

Although not as many times as Melanie, I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn and would happily stay there again. We had a wonderful room and the desk staff was great. Everything seemed clean and fresh. The one thing a bit different about the Fairfield Inn when comparing with other hotels on Harbor is the lack of a continental breakfast.

NewDVCowner
10-05-2014, 10:45 PM
My favorite is the Cortona. It's a bit further from the park but it's directly across the street from the Toy Story lot and an easy walk to those buses. The breakfast it a little better than the food I've had at the hotels closer to the park (not great but there is protein if some sort as well as fruit.). It's a bit cheaper than the closer hotels. The last time I was there a new hotel was being built right next to it and was taking some of the parking lot with their materials. I don't know what the status is on that.

mickeyman42
10-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Great, thanks everyone for the replies