PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan Question

ASweetLov
09-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I know this answer is somewhere I am just confused at the answer. :confused: If I were to take a 13 day trip to WDW can I purchase the Dining Plan? I swear I was reading somewhere a while ago that if you take a longer vacation than 10 days that the plan couldn't be purchased but I can't find that information anymore. Any information anyone would have would help. I just want to finish planning my trip:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-27-2014, 12:44 PM
I just checked online, You cannot get a ticket for more than 10 days but you would be able to purchase the meal plan for your entire stay.

TheDuckRocks
09-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Also remember the Disney Dining Plans are based on how many nights you are staying, not days.

Janmac
09-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Were you going to get an Annual Pass for that many days? Perhaps you want to check into Tables in Wonderland, instead of the Dining Plan.

Jan

DizneyRox
09-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Were you going to get an Annual Pass for that many days? Perhaps you want to check into Tables in Wonderland, instead of the Dining Plan.

Jan
Yes, I would upgrade tickets to an AP and then look into TiW. If you do a sit down each day it will pay for itself in a few days. DDP is not a cost effective way to dine at WDW.

etibbetts
09-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Yes, you can get the dining plan for the number of nights. We go for 14 nights, buy 10 day tickets. Since we travel during free dining time, we get 14 nights of free dining.

joonyer
09-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Yes, I would upgrade tickets to an AP and then look into TiW. If you do a sit down each day it will pay for itself in a few days. DDP is not a cost effective way to dine at WDW.

Agreed, unless you can qualify for the free dining plan. Then, it may be worth comparing room discounts rates vs. free dining to decide what's more cost effective for you.

We have purchased the dining plan in the past and we ended up spending more on that than when we pay for food OOP, just because of our WDW eating habits. If you are going to get APs, which makes sense if you have a 13-day trip planned, then the TiW card will be the best deal for you.