PDA

View Full Version : John Mellencamp-Plain Spoken

ransam
09-24-2014, 02:49 AM
First of all let me say that I love John, from back to his Johnny Cougar days, but I got his new cd today and I have never been more bored listening to a cd. Maybe it will grow on me, I hope so.

SBETigg
09-24-2014, 02:42 PM
That's a shame! I hope it grows on you. It's such a let down when artists you love fail to deliver.

NJGIRL
09-28-2014, 10:43 PM
First of all let me say that I love John, from back to his Johnny Cougar days, but I got his new cd today and I have never been more bored listening to a cd. Maybe it will grow on me, I hope so.

Back in the day I was a John Cougar fan also...not so much John Mellencamp. I hate when they take themselves too serious.

Actors do the same thing, that's when they start making movies that no one wants to see.

DizneyRox
09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
He had an excellent interview on Howard Stern the other day. I didn't think Troubled Man was a bad day song at all, and to know he's had that in his head for close to twenty years was interesting to learn.

He performed in live in studio along with bits of other well known songs of his.

ransam
10-02-2014, 03:55 AM
I read an interview and he was very honest when he said that this was a record made by a 60 year old and didn't think it was appropriate for a 60 year old to write songs about chasing girls anymore and fast cars, etc. and he just wrote what he was feeling at his age and challenges of being on his lasts chapter and the musical part fit the lyrics and that's just how he approached the cd and songs.

I can respect that, and I did listen a few more times and I'm starting to dig it a little more.

I mean like someone else said I was a Johnny Cougar fan and followed him ever since, so i'm good with this direction.
he is also very funny in his interviews, and while he has his oppinions I like that he doesn't take himself too seriously and can joke about how odd it is that his kids are all grown up and how he feels alone sometimes and has to call them up just to hear them say they love him.