PDA

View Full Version : ADR- Bringing an extra person

Dreamin' of Disney
09-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I was curious how flexible most of the restaurants are and what might be the chances of them allowing an extra person when we arrive next week for our trip? Our trip was originally booked months ago and I've just found out that my brother will let me bring my nephew. I've rebooked as many ADRs as I could, but there a couple that I wasn't able to get for one more person. I need to cancel 24 hours in advance if we dont think the likelihood of them allowing this is going to be good. I know years ago, we never had an issue with this, but I haven't been in a couple years and didn't know how tightened up the policies have become. Thanks!

BrerGnat
09-22-2014, 03:42 PM
It kind of depends on what size party the ADR was originally for. Like, if you were three before, and will be 4 now, it won't matter because they would have seated a party of 3 at a 4 top. If you are going from 2 to 3, or 4 to 5, you might get turned away if there won't be a large enough table for your new party size. The cancellation fee complicates things though. If it were me, I'd probably cancel those ADRs and maybe try for another place instead.

Strmchsr
09-22-2014, 04:09 PM
The only issue other than what was mentioned above is if the restaurant is at capacity. Then even if they had a table for 1 more they couldn't add them in.

mechanic
09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
That's a valid point, but would they even have more setups than maximum capacity? When I worked a banquet hall we never setup for more than posted max.

Fastpasssteve
09-22-2014, 11:33 PM
BrerGnat is wise:

"It kind of depends on what size party the ADR was originally for. Like, if you were three before, and will be 4 now, it won't matter because they would have seated a party of 3 at a 4 top. If you are going from 2 to 3, or 4 to 5, you might get turned away if there won't be a large enough table for your new party size."

Keep in mind that it is Disney's desire to please its guests, but their hands might be tied when adding odd numbers.

Best of luck,
Steve

ransam
09-23-2014, 03:01 AM
The exact same thing happened to us a few years ago. a buddy joined us at the last moment.
I changed as many as I could, but I couldn't on some. when we showed up, they always asked me how many, and I would say 5, and not once did we have a problem.

have a great trip, and how exciting you get to take your nephew. that is so cool

Dreamin' of Disney
09-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Thank you for such great insights! I'm really excited that we get to take my nephew. He's 10, and all he's been talking about for months is how he really wants to go with us. My DB and DSIL have been saying no since he was in school at this time, but they finally changed their minds. :mickey: We haven't been in 2 years and I'm just beside myself with excitement. I don't know how I'll survive waiting for the next week. lol.