PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:30 PM
We had the privilege of touring the Four Seasons Orlando (http://www.fourseasons.com/orlando/) today (located in Golden Oak). The facility, grounds, and service are simply amazing! This place has over 440 rooms, a kids' area so the young ones can have some fun, and five acres of Explorer Island with pools, water slides, a climbing wall, lazy river and family gaming area.
There's also an adults only pool area for a nice, quiet retreat, a spa with 18 treatment rooms, and a golf course, tennis courts, fitness center and running trail!
There are 5 restaurants on property (3 are open now, the 4th opens next week, and the final opens in ~2 months).
Obviously, since this resort is on Disney property, they have your Disney fix as well. There's a Disney Character Breakfast several times a week, transportation to and from the parks, and Disney Park Merchandise delivery to your room.

We took a lot of pictures and some video today. Christine shared quite a few pictures and our thoughts on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/intercot), Twitter (https://twitter.com/intercot), and Instagram (http://instagram.com/intercot). Here are some of the pictures I took... (Unfortunately, my videos didn't turn out the best, but this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OJFvBJZI0&list=UUgnQ5lI_mvybgs9vEFYVE7A) is WAY better anyway..._

We'll start with the lobby area:
(Note Pic #2: The Disney Planning Center, where they help you with all your Disney World questions!)

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:33 PM
More interior:

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:35 PM
The grounds were gorgeous as well...

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:37 PM
More grounds...

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:39 PM
The room we visited was VERY nice...

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:42 PM
More room pics...

Each room comes with an iPad you can use to order food, request assistance, etc.

Each bathroom also has the in-mirror TV. We love those!

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Here's the adult pool, the spa, and the gym.

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Lickety Split is a snack and coffee bar...

#4 is some chilled coffee contraption, and #5 is the Lickety Split balcony.

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Ravello has a bar and main restaurant...

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Explorer Island!

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Explorer Island (Cont.)

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Kids for All Seasons...
(Note the kiddie cabanas in #3)

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 10:59 PM
A couple more from Explorer Island (including the rock climbing wall), and the last two are pics of a GREAT idea...The Late Departure Lounge! There's nothing worse than having a late departure and nowhere to go...stuck in the lobby for an hour or more waiting for transportation. Four Seasons Orlando has you covered! A Late Departure Lounge with TV, books, and Wi-Fi so you can enjoy that holdover time!

alongfortheride
09-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Finally, there's PB&G (Pool Bar & Grill). We actually ended up having lunch there. It was fantastic! See Christine's FB/Insta/Twitter posts that I linked to in the first post for more info on PB&G, including some yummy food shots!

TheVBs
09-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Wow! Amazing pictures. Thank you! :mickey: How much do they run per night?

Katzateer
09-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Very nice! If you want to go eat and are staying on property without a car, will it be possible to get there with Disney transportation?

BrerGnat
09-22-2014, 07:57 AM
But...where are all the people???

AgentC
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Wow! Amazing pictures. Thank you! :mickey: How much do they run per night?

I am staying there soon on a FL resident special which is $349 per night for theme park view. Golden Oak view was $279

They are doing a buy 2 night get 1 free for the rest of the year for everyone. With that promotion a Golden Oak room would be $549 for the 2 nights and free for one which averages to $366 per night. Theme park view would be $799 which averages to $533.

They are also doing 20% off for advance reservations in 2015. I did a quick search of that for Jan and the rates were

Four Seasons room $359
Golden Oak view $383
Lake View $463
Theme Park View $559.

If you are a value /moderate resort goer, it is going to seem very high but the rates are definitely in line with the Disney deluxe resorts and villas.

Hammer
09-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Nice pictures! One thing to mention is the level of service you receive at a Four Seasons hotel or resort. They make every guest, regardless of room category, feel very special, without being snotty.

While I think Christine's tour was early in the day, Four Seasons hotels never look crowded. Even when I have been at Four Seasons for a conference and I know people are there, you just don't see many people milling about.

Let's remember the hotel has only been open for a month and it actually opened ahead of schedule, as I think it wasn't originally going to be ready until Labor Day. There will be people there, but it won't feel like it. It always feels, at least to me, like you have the hotel to yourself.

AgentC
09-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Let's remember the hotel has only been open for a month and it actually opened ahead of schedule, as I think it wasn't originally going to be ready until Labor Day. There will be people there, but it won't feel like it. It always feels, at least to me, like you have the hotel to yourself.

I think the early opening is why they are giving such a great FL resident discount. It only goes through mid October. I will definitely post a review after I stay there. My expectations are pretty high after Christine's tour. :)

Mitzie
09-22-2014, 01:48 PM
That pool area looks very nice. I am interested to hear back from people who stay there how the internal transportation works. We like Disney's buses and things and we would like to know if the 4 Seasons runs all the parks and things as often as Disney does.

disneykidsince1970
09-27-2014, 06:20 PM
It looks totally awesome. I've always wanted to stay at a Four Seasons. Is it "Disney" enough fo me I wonder? My husband will love it and it could be a good compromise (as he isn't a big Disney fan) ... But will I feel like I am at Disney?

AgentC
09-28-2014, 11:20 PM
We just got back and I will try to have a review up soon.

Super short summary- Phenomenal, bus schedule needs a bit of work, does not have a Disney feel (but it does have a Disney desk with very friendly DIsney cast members) and hands down best staff of anywhere I have ever stayed.

SBETigg
09-28-2014, 11:23 PM
We just got back and I will try to have a review up soon.

Super short summary- Phenomenal, bus schedule needs a bit of work, does not have a Disney feel (but it does have a Disney desk with very friendly DIsney cast members) and hands down best staff of anywhere I have ever stayed.

I'm still not sure it's a great Disney resort, but definitely a great resort for a wonderful hotel stay. Luxury and service are always standouts at Four Seasons resorts. I really enjoyed your Facebook look at it, Cindy. Thank you.

AgentC
09-28-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm still not sure it's a great Disney resort, but definitely a great resort for a wonderful hotel stay. Luxury and service are always standouts at Four Seasons resorts. I really enjoyed your Facebook look at it, Cindy. Thank you.

I think I agree with that assessment , Sherri. It could be a great Disney resort but they need to work out the transportation to make that happen.

I'm glad you enjoyed the picture. I should have a few more this week including a look at the character breakfast.

disneykidsince1970
09-29-2014, 04:11 AM
:mickey:hi Cindy! I am really looking forward to your review! I will be interested to understand how it differs from a premium Disney resort (say, Grand Fla).

I know the service itself is likely to be the big stand out...

but also, do they have still have "Disney TV" in the rooms? are there Disney amenities in the room,? are the little towel folds on the beds?, etc. ...

i.e., - my husband will love the sophistication of Four Seasons but will the kids and I miss the "Disney-ness?"

Thanks in advance!! Can't wait. :)

:mickey: Carolyn

Hammer
09-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the summary, Cindy, and the pictures on Facebook. As the hotel recently opened, I think they'll work out the transportation issues, especially if enough people say something.

I think that this hotel will fill a need for those whose first priority is the overall luxury and service of a hotel rather than a Disney feel, which is odd for Disney fans like us on this board. I will use one of my cousins who lives in Tampa as an example. They are people of considerable means and luxury and service are their first priority when they vacation. When his family of 4 stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT, they were not impressed. As his wife told me, while it was nice to be close to one of the parks, they did not think the hotel offered enough of what they wanted. I know that meant that the resort did not make them feel pampered. They have since been staying at the Ritz Carlton for their weekend trips with their 2 boys. I think they will love the Four Seasons.

AgentC
09-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the summary, Cindy, and the pictures on Facebook. As the hotel recently opened, I think they'll work out the transportation issues, especially if enough people say something.

I agree, Christine. I had a talk with the manager about the transportation schedule because my daughter and I missed the last bus from the Magic Kingdom Saturday night because they did not schedule the buses late enough. The last bus left at 11:40 from the TTC on a night that MK closed at 11pm and had a 11 parade. He told me that they were working off a schedule that Disney World had suggested. I told him that based on my experience that is too early for the Magic Kingdom and they need to have buses available for at least an 1 1/2 after close. They are going to check into it.

I will say their response was fantastic. He was very concerned about our situation. They did not have a car available to pick us up, so they had us take a taxi back to the hotel and they paid for it.

Aurora
09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I am surprised at those room rates -- I expected them to be much higher for a Four Seasons. Thanks for the photos. That Explorer Island looks fabulous!

Mitzie
09-30-2014, 01:54 PM
So the buses for the 4 Seasons picked up and dropped off at T&T not out front with the Disney resorts? How about the other parks/water parks/DTD? Did the buses run as often or where you waiting more?

Mitzie
11-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I took note last weekend while we were at WDW that a 4 Seasons bus for HS was dropping off/picking up but it was quiet far from the gate of the park. A little bit of a walk involved.

AgentC
11-03-2014, 02:05 PM
So the buses for the 4 Seasons picked up and dropped off at T&T not out front with the Disney resorts? How about the other parks/water parks/DTD? Did the buses run as often or where you waiting more?

I took note last weekend while we were at WDW that a 4 Seasons bus for HS was dropping off/picking up but it was quiet far from the gate of the park. A little bit of a walk involved.

Sorry I missed this question. Since the Four Season's is not a Disney resort even though it is on Disney property , they have to use the bus lots set up for the outside hotels. These are always farther away than where Disney buses drop off. At the MK drop off, the Four Seasons bus did have the first spot in that lot but I would not consider it close.

The MK lot is at the TTC past the gift shop.

I talked about my experience at the Four Seasons on the most recent podcast and will still do a follow up review.