PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

Cass&KenziesMom
09-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Obviously I've never been during the week of/after Christmas but do they usually have EMH at Magic Kingdom every day? I was just pulling up park hours for our trip in December (26th-Jan. 1st) and it shows EMH every day we're there for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Was just wondering if this was the norm?

mechanic
09-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes. Often very late closing. 1 or 2 am at mk . But it has been a few since I was there at christmaas

Cass&KenziesMom
09-20-2014, 05:53 PM
It's odd because these are all morning EMH. There are a couple of days that show morning and evening EMH for Magic Kingdom.

andypooh
09-21-2014, 08:31 AM
It's normal
The park could be open for 18 hours those days to accommodate the ridiculous crowds that are there that week
Have never been during that time and never plan on going. Not a fan of the crazy crowds

ransam
09-22-2014, 04:43 PM
they will often announce during the day that MK will be open later... So it can also be a daytime decision.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Cool. Either way I'm happy I guess. Although from what I hear it will do nothing to help with the crowds. Good thing we're going back in June so we can focus on the Christmas decorations this time and a little less on rides so much.

mechanic
09-22-2014, 07:18 PM
If you are there 24/25 skip MK ON 25. insanely crowded. 24 has actually been reported to be a reasonable crowd level day though.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-22-2014, 08:04 PM
We'll miss both of those days. We check in on the 26th and check out Jan. 1st.

Kplaster
09-23-2014, 11:05 AM
We normally go the week before Christmas and leave the 24th. The crowds have never been to terrible for us. Naturally the closer we got to the 25th and school breaks the busier it got but after the 25th it's NUTS!!! Avoid christmas to New Years at all costs especially if you have kids. Your time and money will be better served another time of year or the week after New Years.

Cass&KenziesMom
09-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Well with my husband being gone at least 6 months out of the year we have very limited time that we can go. Christmas is one of our "must try at least once" times and this year is the only time we can make that happen for another couple of years with his schedule. Luckily the only expense we have for this trip is food and our AP's since we're going again in June.