PDA

View Full Version : What have you never done?

Janmac
09-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I just realized, today, that in all our Disney trips, over all those decades, we have never bought Mouse Ears. We've bought Pluto and Goofy hats, but not one of our extended family have bought Mouse Ears.

What's your never done?

Jan

VWL Mom
09-20-2014, 07:44 AM
In all our trips we have never seen Fantasmic. No real reason why either.

Melanie
09-20-2014, 08:33 AM
We're never done Hoop De Doo or La Nouba.

TheVBs
09-20-2014, 08:41 AM
We've never bought Mouse Ears either. Never done PhilharMagic. Never done Astro Orbiter either and I really want to! The line is always long. We've only done a couple of the Innoventions activities.

buzznwoodysmom
09-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Even after almost 20 trips there is still a lot we haven't done. The one that usually comes to mind is Country Bear Jamboree. I am pretty sure it's the only attraction we have never done.

Then there are lots of other, non attraction, things we haven't done. Hoop de doo, eat in the castle, mini golf, cirque, Mickey's backyard bbq, food and wine festival, just to name a few things.

BrerGnat
09-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Never done: La Nouba, ANY dinner shows, Character meal, mini golf, visit WWoS.

AgentC
09-20-2014, 10:50 AM
We mainly haven't done the dinner shows-Hoop De Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ & Luau. We also haven't done with water parks or La Nouba.

Arielfan98
09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Character meals in general because some people in my family don't like them, so I never got to experience it :(

Terra
09-21-2014, 08:07 AM
Character meals in general because some people in my family don't like them, so I never got to experience it :(

Oh boo! :( Next time you go, just do one with you and the ones that do like it! Or even by yourself! I love O'Hana!

Oh gosh as far as what I haven't done, if you consider the whole "world", most all of the resort fine dinings [typically out of budget].
La Nouba [but to be fair it isn't my cup of tea].
Inside the parks, CBJ at MK. I've done the one at DL though!

Giggy
09-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Never have I ever... ridden Summit Plummet. I always want to, I'm pretty fearless with heights so I don't think that puts me off at all - I just see that the line always looks massive and because we normally give each water park half a day I end up deciding to give it a miss.

I haven't bought Mickey ears either... maybe I should next time! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2014, 12:42 PM
We've never bought Mouse Ears either. Never done PhilharMagic. Never done Astro Orbiter either and I really want to! The line is always long. We've only done a couple of the Innoventions activities.

Wow Philharmagic may be my favorite Fantasyland attraction

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2014, 12:46 PM
So much I haven't done:
Waterparks
Victoria and Alberts
Disney Quest
Since I'm afraid of heights, Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Test Track, Expedition Everest,Space or Splash Mountain

Katzateer
09-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Victoria and Alberts
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Tower of Terror

And due to my total fear of any roller coaster type ride in over 25 trips I have never gone on Space Mountain, any mountain, at any park, Rock and Roll Rollercoaster......you get the idea:blush:

Not even Goofy's barnstormer or the new 7DMT.

My youngest Stephanie was over 14 before she discovered she loves Space Mountain and most of the other rides. I think she has tryed everything once except Splash Mountain.

TheVBs
09-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Wow Philharmagic may be my favorite Fantasyland attraction

I hear good things about it, we have just never done it for some reason. Maybe next time! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I've never done a dinner show, water park, mini-golf, La Nouba, Tom Sawyer Island, Animation Academy, Very Merry Christmas Party, personalized mouse ears or Sum of All Thrills. There's probably more but that's what I can think off the top of my head. Still so much to do!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2014, 08:59 AM
I hear good things about it, we have just never done it for some reason. Maybe next time! :mickey:

Definitely:mickey:

joonyer
09-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm sure there are several things we have missed, but one of the things I have wanted to do was the Luau at the Polynesian. Well, that and dine at Victoria & Albert's, but that is out of our price league. We are seeing the Candlelight Processional and Osborne Lights for the first time this year in December, so we'll knock those off our to-do list.

JabberJaws
09-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Good question. There really isn't much! Never done Hoop de Doo that I can recall. Never done the Richard Petty Driving Experience, though my wife has and she said it was pretty amazing (and she was only going half-speed). Never played at any of the golf courses (but then again, don't really play golf to begin with). Never done a fishing excursion in any of the lakes/lagoons, though it always looked like fun.

I'm sure there are some other small things, but I think that about covers. After doing a 7-month College Program and being a marketing CM for nearly a year, I've done the vast majority of things in and around WDW, that's for sure.

RavsRuleDisney!
09-25-2014, 03:54 PM
A bunch of stuff at DTD would be the easiest answer. Never had a haircut at MK (thought about it once)....parasailing at the lagoon....raising the flag at WL....the best part is all the stuff we have wanted to see/do/eat over the past 12 years I think we have gotten to at least once. But always a new adventure each trip so back we go!! :)

#1donaldfan
09-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Saved money !! hahaa.....

We've never done the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

savafan
10-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I've never rode Splash Mountain. I've always wanted to, there's just always been excuses.

"You don't want to be soaking wet in the pictures with (insert character here)"

"It's pretty chilly today, it will take you forever to dry off"

baldburke
10-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Stuff never done is good...keeps us coming back!

ransam
10-19-2014, 02:40 AM
I have never stayed at anything but a value resort.

tinkx2
10-24-2014, 02:12 PM
There are quite a few things that I haven't done, but here is my bucket list of things that haven't BUT want to do:
1. Have a Dole Whip
2. Go to the Hall of Presidents
3. Eat at BOG (this trip)
4. Ride Soarin
5, Ride Test Track (was always broken)
6. Eat/drink my way around the world
7. Have MY picture taken with Mickey - it's always been about my DD (and she is 19 now), so my turn!!!

Main Street Jim
10-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Go to the "Games and Trivia" forums, and look up my thread, "Have You Ever...?"

:mickey:

Hammer
10-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Rides/shows I haven't done but plan to do at some point-

See the Beauty and the Beast Show at DHS
See the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at DHS
See the Festival of the Lion King show at AK
See Reflections of China in World Showcase
Watch Turtle Talk with Crush
Ride Barnstormer in MK
See Country Bear Jamboree
Ride the Magic Carpets of Alladin
Ride Astro Orbiter

One of the things I like about WDW is there are still table service restaurants I have left to try after numerous visits and I eat primarily at table service restaurants when on vacation. Some left for me to try-

Eat in Norway
Eat in China
La Hacienda
Spice Road Table
Tutto Gusto
Toyko Dining
Tutto Italia
Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood and Vine (though that is low on the list)
Tusker House since it became table service
Victoria and Albert's
Boatwright's
1900 Park Fare
The Wave
Go to Hoop de Doo- to be fair we haven't done this because they only have seating for wheelchairs in Category 1 which I think is wrong. I understand it is grandfathered for ADA, but I don't like that there isn't any compensation or adjustment is made for this. Our only options are pay the most expensive price or don't go, so we choose the latter.
Eat at many of the DTD restaurants. So far, we have only eaten at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Paradiso 37. and Fulton's

Janmac
10-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Rides/shows I haven't done but plan to do at some point-

See the Beauty and the Beast Show at DHS
See the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at DHS
See the Festival of the Lion King show at AK
See Reflections of China in World Showcase
Watch Turtle Talk with Crush
Ride Barnstormer in MK
See Country Bear Jamboree
Ride the Magic Carpets of Alladin
Ride Astro Orbiter

One of the things I like about WDW is there are still table service restaurants I have left to try after numerous visits and I eat primarily at table service restaurants when on vacation. Some left for me to try-

Eat in Norway
Eat in China
La Hacienda
Spice Road Table
Tutto Gusto
Toyko Dining
Tutto Italia
Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood and Vine (though that is low on the list)
Tusker House since it became table service
Victoria and Albert's
Boatwright's
1900 Park Fare
The Wave
Go to Hoop de Doo- to be fair we haven't done this because they only have seating for wheelchairs in Category 1 which I think is wrong. I understand it is grandfathered for ADA, but I don't like that there isn't any compensation or adjustment is made for this. Our only options are pay the most expensive price or don't go, so we choose the latter.
Eat at many of the DTD restaurants. So far, we have only eaten at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Paradiso 37. and Fulton's

Wow - great list. :D

Regarding Hoop De Do, I have read reviews that during the slow times at Disney (I know - urban legend) the 4:15 pm show is often underbooked to the point that even Category 3 folks find themselves upgraded to Category 1. But I'm puzzled as to why you couldn't do Category 2 seating? Isn't that still main floor but off to the sides? And very back?

We have 4:15 reservations in January - but MLK weekend - and will see what happens with our Cat3 status. This will be our second time here; I'm thinking of trying really hard to remember ear plugs. We had a great time but wow, were my ears ringing afterwards. This was years ago and we had booked months and months in advance. We were right in front of the stage. If we do get the balcony in January, maybe the ear plugs won't be missed.

Jan

Hammer
10-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Wow - great list. :D

Regarding Hoop De Do, I have read reviews that during the slow times at Disney (I know - urban legend) the 4:15 pm show is often underbooked to the point that even Category 3 folks find themselves upgraded to Category 1. But I'm puzzled as to why you couldn't do Category 2 seating? Isn't that still main floor but off to the sides? And very back?

Jan

Yes, and you would think they would make some of those seats in Category 2 available for wheelchairs, but I was told by Dining that only Category 1 can be booked for wheelchair seating. You can see why that bugs our family :mad: .

BTW- I booked Tokyo Dining for my long weekend trip for Destination Rewind next month, so that will be off the Disney bucket list :mickey: !

Janmac
10-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes, and you would think they would make some of those seats in Category 2 available for wheelchairs, but I was told by Dining that only Category 1 can be booked for wheelchair seating. You can see why that bugs our family :mad: .

BTW- I booked Tokyo Dining for my long weekend trip for Destination Rewind next month, so that will be off the Disney bucket list :mickey: !

Yes, I can see why. Definitely not very Disney. :confused: :(

Regarding Tokyo Dining - we ate supper here for my birthday in 2013 and had a great time. Much attention to detail by the staff and interest in making sure my experience was special, including an exquisite tiny Origami crane.

Oh, as to the food, I hope you enjoy your meal. I'm no gourmet, at all, in any way, and enjoyed my meal. I probably got salmon. Or seafood of some sort.

Jan

azcavalier
11-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Hmmm....

There's not a lot of mainstream stuff we've never done.

I've never ridden Aladdin's Flying Carpets or Tomorrowland Speedway (in WDW). I did ride the DL version 18 years ago on my only trip there.

I've never set foot in the Grand Floridian.

I've never eaten at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Until two years ago, I had never gone to Downtown Disney's West Side, only the Marketplace, never to venture past the LEGO store. But, I guess since I've now done that, I shouldn't even put that on this list.

Ooh! Here's one. I've never gotten any character's autograph.