PDA

View Full Version : BOG Dinner issues

JanetMegan
09-18-2014, 10:59 PM
So tonight we had reservations for Be Our Guest that our TA made for us 6 months ago for 7:30. We arrived about 7:20 and were told that restaurant was over an hour behind. We could either wait right there in the courtyard for 70 mins or come back at 9:30 (?????) and be seated?

Is this normal? We ended up getting frustrated and a little disappointed and left. Also staff at BOG was unable to move our ADR to another restaurant. And when trying to make a new one on my Disney Exp it wouldn't allow me to since BOG reservation hadn't been cancelled by Disney.

We ended up with a nice meal at The Wave but we missed BOG and Wishes...

DizneyRox
09-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Doesn't surprise me... When you run at 100%+ capacity, if people actually show up, or take longer than the bean counters accounted for on their spreadsheets, it's going to happen.

As I mentioned, that's why (one of the reasons) you can't pick app or dessert on the dining plan, it extends your stay at the table.

Hopefully you don't get charged the no show fee, as if Disney didn't cancel the resume, it wouldn't surprise me if it systematically just charged you.

Welcome guest number 596175813!

MargaretMessler
09-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Doesn't surprise me... When you run at 100%+ capacity, if people actually show up, or take longer than the bean counters accounted for on their spreadsheets, it's going to happen.

Sounds like they were running at more than 100% capacity to me if it got THAT bad.

Mfarquar
09-19-2014, 10:48 AM
That's absolutely ridiculous. How disappointing this must have been for you and your family after all the planning and waiting (not to mention probably being very hungry!). I wouldn't stand for it at a chain restaurant, and certainly don't expect it from Disney.

Even if it was a mistake that could not have been reversed, they should have had customer service staff on hand to take care of alternative reservations to ensure you had a timely dinner SOMEWHERE.

Unacceptable.

I hope you consider sending Disney an email and that they do something after the fact to somewhat make it up to you and your family.

Ms. Mode
09-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Sorry about your trouble, I hope you had an enjoyable dinner at The Wave.

Recently my family had dinner at a local restaurant and due to circumstances beyond their control there was an hour delay from the time we were seated at the table and the time our food made it there. Sometime things happen in the "back of the house" that we don't know about. Disney tries very hard to limit the impact on the guest. I hope you can give BOG another try sometime, it's a great time.

faline
09-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience at BOG. I wonder what was up there. We've managed to get dinner reservations there twice and, on both occasions we were seated very near to our reservation time. I wonder if something out of the ordinary was going on that evening - staff calling out? equipment issues in the kitchen?? There are all sorts of possibilities but there really should have been some alternatives offered to folks.

VWL Mom
09-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Sorry for your disappointment. We've had this happen at to us both in and outside of Disney. Once was at Cali Grill a few years back except they didn't inform us at check-in of an hour wait and another time at the Plaza that ended up being a 45 minute wait.

In your case, if you are still on site and haven't already done so, I would suggest you go explain what happened or you probably will be billed as a no show.

TheVBs
09-20-2014, 08:27 AM
That's awful. :( We would have been really disappointed. We could have accepted it if something beyond their control caused it. But, to not have a CM there dedicated to trying to rebook people somewhere else was bad form. And, I agree with the other suggestions to talk to someone about it as soon as possible and make sure you don't get charged for a no show!

Melanie
09-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Wow Janet! That's crazy bad they didn't assist you on getting another reservation. :(