PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing

BriarRose0708
09-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Public Service Announcement from yours truly: It's deer mating season so be careful on the roads! I sadly hit a deer this morning on the way to the gym and what an awful experience. I am ok and there was minor damage to my car, but I was very lucky it wasn't any worse. They really do come out of nowhere!

Melanie
09-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Glad you're okay, Nikki! So scary. I am very fearful and aware of deer on the road. My hubby hit one a year ago, and it actually really shook him and my son up. We kind of live out in the country, so we see them almost daily on the side of the road. :(

VWL Mom
09-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Glad you're okay. The last two weeks around here have been terrible and you really have to keep an eye out.

Katzateer
09-18-2014, 01:21 PM
We had a lot more problems in Ohio with deer than we do here in PA. Seems like with all the Amish farms and open areas we would still see a lot of them. In the 5 years living here I have never seen one in our yard.

Glad you are ok! I had a friend in Ohio that hit one, it kicked in her windshield and took off injured into the woods. She was traumatized and her grade school daughter was so upset too.

I worked in a college town in Ohio. Deer used to wander around town and we always had to be on the lookout. A coworker had just gotten a new car and it was parked in an alley behind the store. A deer jumped on top of her new car while it was parked in the alley and did some damage.

BriarRose0708
09-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I grew up in the same area I live now and been driving since I was 15 and never hit anything bigger than a bunny so I guess once every 16 years isn't a bad record. Most of the time I am really good at spotting them and slowing down or avoiding them but there was absolutely nothing I could do this morning but hit her :(

faline
09-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Glad you are okay!!

They really are invisible even just a few feet in the brush on the side of the road. I once had one jump out of the brush and literally jumped over the hood of my car!! Had not the deer missed me in this way, I would definitely have had a major collision with that animal.

I have also learned to expect that there is more than one animal at a time so whenever I spot a deer crossing the road up ahead, I slow down to a crawl to see if another will be following!!

Disney4us2
09-18-2014, 03:45 PM
So glad you are ok Nikki. Hope you car is better soon. Poor deer, hope it's ok too.

buzznwoodysmom
09-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Glad your OK. Those situation sure are scary! Poor deer!

RedSoxFan
09-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Glad you're ok Nikki. So many deer up in Ithaca and we always had them in our yard.