PDA

View Full Version : WDW Train During MNSSHP

lawgirl
09-18-2014, 10:22 AM
I think I asked this last year, but cannot remember! We are heading to the party tomorrow night. My son loves the train at MK. Does it run during the party? Or what time is the last train trip? I don't know how early we'll get there, but we've got to ride the train!

joanna71985
09-18-2014, 01:34 PM
It does not run during the party.

lawgirl
09-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Oh sad! So is the last train ride around 6:45? Or 6:30?

Scorpiosammy
09-18-2014, 07:53 PM
I would say somewhere between 6 - 6:30 as I have never heard the train running near to the beginning of the party any years we have been.

I was sad too that they do not run the train at the party as its a family fave as well :) I always thought it would even be cool if they did something Halloween-y with the train at night during the party like they do at Busch Gardens for their Halloween party :thumbsup:

lawgirl
09-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I was sad too that they do not run the train at the party as its a family fave as well :) I always thought it would even be cool if they did something Halloween-y with the train at night during the party like they do at Busch Gardens for their Halloween party :thumbsup:

Yes! I think that is the best idea. The train is my son's favorite ride, and I think it would be so great for a halloween ride!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2014, 10:06 PM
That could be AWESOME, but I think the logistics with the parade and the fireworks just make it too crazy.

Main Street Jim
09-21-2014, 08:33 AM
I think I asked this last year, but cannot remember! We are heading to the party tomorrow night. My son loves the train at MK. Does it run during the party? Or what time is the last train trip? I don't know how early we'll get there, but we've got to ride the train!You *do* know that you can get into the park as early 4:00pm with JUST your Party ticket(s) and not have to use a day of your park ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Last trip from Main Street Station is just before park closing (6:30pm and 6:40pm on Party nights), so that the very last train unloads at Main Street right at 7:00pm.

The train cannot run during the Parties due to the perimeter fireworks. Takes a while to get those set up, and some of the firing locations are near the tracks (especially around Splash/Thunder/around the back of the park).

As for the Busch Gardens trains, I don't *believe* that they have fireworks at all (not saying that they *don't*; I'm saying that I don't *think* that they do), and their trains run through the middle of the park if I remember correctly. Besides, with their animals in the park, I don't believe they can have fireworks anyways.

Scorpiosammy
09-21-2014, 12:24 PM
The train cannot run during the Parties due to the perimeter fireworks. Takes a while to get those set up, and some of the firing locations are near the tracks (especially around Splash/Thunder/around the back of the park).

I did not think about how the fireworks might be set up around the tracks plus the WDWRR goes basically around the entire park ;) I also like having insight from a former WDWRR engineer, thanks for your info :mickey: (Man, my Dad would have loved to work on the WDWRR :cloud9: LoL)

As for the Busch Gardens trains, I don't *believe* that they have fireworks at all (not saying that they *don't*; I'm saying that I don't *think* that they do), and their trains run through the middle of the park if I remember correctly. Besides, with their animals in the park, I don't believe they can have fireworks anyways.
I was speaking of Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA actually but your insights on this are pretty much still spot on with my memories of going; I never remember fireworks of any kind and the train is more in the "middle" of the park ;)

lawgirl
09-22-2014, 10:03 AM
You *do* know that you can get into the park as early 4:00pm with JUST your Party ticket(s) and not have to use a day of your park ticket, right? :thumbsup:

Last trip from Main Street Station is just before park closing (6:30pm and 6:40pm on Party nights), so that the very last train unloads at Main Street right at 7:00pm.

Yes! We just were late getting in to the hotel (flight got in around 2:30). We tried to get there as early as possible, but missed the last train departure by about 15 minutes. Oh well! There's always next time. Thankfully we were able to reroute my 4 YO son towards POTC!

Thanks for all of the info and advice!! We did have a blast despite the drizzle.