PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to a 1-BR Boardwalk Villa

BigRedDad
09-18-2014, 04:57 AM
OK, I fell into an incredible offer that I could not refuse. I have a room only ressie for AoA Mermaid room (almost $1000). We were hoping for a discount to come out for mods to switch to for a little more. I queried a friend we used to rent a timeshare over this past Summer. I asked on a quote for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. She checked and came back with a quote (WDW should be ashamed). However, she told me a friend had a reservation already for the week we are going and it cannot be canceled. She had her get in touch with me. The reservation is for a 1-Bedroom Villa at Boardwalk for barely more than the AoA reservation. How can I refuse that opportunity. I can't cancel my existing reservation until she gets back and finalizes the reservation transfer. Once that is done, I can relink my dining reservations and use my Visa Rewards to buy our tickets.

My DW is excited for her 40th BDay trip. :party::cloud9::mickey:

DizneyRox
09-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Just don't forget to include all the other expenses we staying off site. Parking is now ridiculous at like $17 a day or something. Tbere is no ME transportation from the airport to non Disney resorts.

And booking FP at the 60 day window is almost a necessity for some of the ride it seems.

BigRedDad
09-18-2014, 06:58 AM
This trip is on-site at the Boardwalk. Thought about Bonnet Creek until a friend of a friend had a 1-BR at Boarwalk for $1200 for 7 nights. If I ever do stay at Bonnet Creek, I will be getting APs.

LVT
09-18-2014, 07:18 AM
:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

PlutoPlanet
09-18-2014, 12:19 PM
We love staying at the Boardwalk. Fun evening entertainment. We walk to EPCOT and DHS. We've never eaten at a Swan or Dolphin restaurant yet.

DizneyRox
09-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Ah, I didn't see the Boardwalk part.. Yeah, that's a no brainer...

Boardwalk and BeachClub are a steal honestly compared to the newer DVC properties. And the location is probably one of the best places on property.

BigRedDad
10-28-2014, 04:18 AM
We just booked a second trip for Dec 14-21. We will stay at Wundham Bonnet Creek this time. We got a 2BR Dlx room for $500. This is not for a timeshare sales pitch. We got a deal from a timeshare owner selling points. We will enjoy the XMas decorations and have some cheap fun,

Checkers
11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
:mickey:So happy for you! We will be staying at the BWVs in Dec. in a 1br, BW view and can't wait!