PDA

View Full Version : We Told The Kids!

BriarRose0708
09-16-2014, 09:01 AM
:mickey:

The big surprise was revealed over the weekend that we are taking the kids to Disney World in 3 weeks! We will be celebrating the girl's 9th birthday while there so we gave her the Magic Band box to open as an "early birthday gift" and since neither of them have been before she had no idea what they were until she noticed all our names are on them and Walt Disney World is printed on the outside of the box. She was probably happier about getting pulled out of school for almost a week, but then again she doesn't know what she's missing yet so I have a feeling once we're actually there she'll be much more into it.

Even though their reaction wasn't exactly what I was expecting (they get more animated when we tell them we're going to the movies!) they are really excited. We are just happy to let the mouse out of the bag so we don't have to worry about keeping it such a secret. It's been a struggle not to slip up since May! 19 days and counting!

faline
09-16-2014, 10:41 AM
How exciting! Enjoy!! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Yay! I'm glad you finally got to let the mouse out of the bag!

AgentC
09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm sure they will love it and then be begging to go back. :)

Melanie
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM
How fun, Nikki!!! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-16-2014, 02:17 PM
They just have no idea what they're in for! It's going to be great. Maybe some advance warning was really a good idea, too, because they can get more into it as they learn more. I predict they will have so much fun, even if they aren't quite sure yet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-16-2014, 02:56 PM
They will LOVE it (as you know). It can be hard to really understand what "going to Disney World" means, when you haven't been ... you really can't get your head around everything that's there.

minnie04
09-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Wait until they swipe their bands at the park and the magic begins. and once you walk onto main street. Then look at their faces that will be the reaction you wanted.. They are going to love it and beg to go back :cloud9:

How exciting have a great time :mickey:

TheVBs
09-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Oh wow! First trip! That will be amazing. :mickey: Hope you have a blast! They'll come back home and ask when you're going back. My DD10 said to me when we got back from the last trip, "If I don't ride BTMRR again SOON, I am gonna DIE!"

Giggy
09-21-2014, 10:56 AM
That's a great age to be at WDW (though every age is), they will love it! My brother and I were similar ages when we first went to WDW, I was 8 and he was 10 whilst my sister was 4. I remember being told about it, I think it was at Christmas dinner. :party:

My parents didn't get the jumping up and down excited response either. They had me looking confused asking "Is Florida a good holiday???" and my brother refusing to believe them because they always make things up to trick us.;)

My sister (now 20) says she already knew about it. She remembers seeing an advert for it a while before this and had asked my mother if we could go. Apparently she was told we were going then... possibly because even if she said something neither of us would have believed her. :secret:

#1donaldfan
09-30-2014, 12:19 PM
My kids' first trip was great. They acted excited to go, but not until they stepped through onto Main Street did their eyes "pop" ! Be prepared to capture that exact moment with your camera. :mickey: