PDA

View Full Version : Renting Points and FP+

BigRedDad
09-16-2014, 07:04 AM
I've tried to find and answer. There is an extremely outside chance that I rent points for an upcoming trip. If I rent points from a DVC owner how do I get FP+ reservations?

VWL Mom
09-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Yes, when renting points the resort confirmation will be in your name. You will just link that to your MDE along with your tickets and you should be good to go.

BigRedDad
09-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Thank you. It was just an off chance there was something that may be available. For our trip, there is nothing available and in our price range. Most of the quotes I got were for 2x our current room. It just isn't worth it for us since we do not spend time there. I can take that $600 and have a lot of great meals and experiences.

CanadianWDWFan
09-16-2014, 03:18 PM
We did this for our trip in December. We were given the reservation number by the member we rented from. We then simply added this reservation number to MDE and we were able to do everything in regards to adding ADR's. The only thing you can't do when renting points is to contact MS regarding this reservation, the member owning the points is the only one who can make changes to the reservation or even book ME. I had to call ME directly to book our transfers instead of doing it through MS.

BigRedDad
09-17-2014, 04:53 AM
Thank you all for the information. I found I could get a split stay studio at BLT/VWL for about 2x of AoA. There were some others with a little bit more savings, but not enough to pull the trigger (we are frugal). Then, I was contacted by a lady that has offered a 1-Bedroom Villa at Boardwalk for $250 more than AoA. There is no possible way I can turn this offer down. I am hoping to close on the contract with this owner today.

The biggest worry was being able to use my Reward dollars. We have been piling up for years now and have $1000 to use. It is great to know I can add the tickets through MDE (btw, could they have named it something else so the acronyms are not so close to DME?).