PDA

View Full Version : Displaying your treasures

Katzateer
09-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Organizing my boxed up, drawer piles and closet Disney bags of past trips is my goal. Why have all this cool stuff and never get to look at it.

Other than ideas on PinInterest, what interesting ways have you got your old brochures, tickets, pins, souvenirs displayed in your house?

My stuffed animals and collection for over 20 years are coming out of the boxes!

cer
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
This is not an overly creative or different idea, but I'm a big fan of shadow boxes. We use them to display our pin selections, but it is not without modification. We have to insert a cork board square covered in felt in order for it to work. It is a little hassle to set up, but I love how it looks.

I am starting to have the desire to put in more than just pins, but also buttons and maps, old fast passes etc.

I love it and I love that it is hung up on my wall instead of taking up valuable real estate on the mantel or shelf.... They are easy to maintain and my stuff is protected.

Katzateer
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
One of the first things I want to do is check out the Disney paint colors. So any frames or backgrounds for display I may use some of those colors.

I have a few shadow boxes I need to dig out. I got a bunch of frames really cheap when the Hallmark store/gift shop I worked in in Ohio closed. Thanks for the cork board tip.

TheVBs
09-15-2014, 04:27 PM
This is hardly interesting, but I've got the maps and a few other things from our last trip up on our fridge.

Let us know what you end up doing! :mickey:

BrowncatP
09-15-2014, 06:46 PM
I have so much that I have one small corner of a room with nothing but Disney. I have two, 3-shelf bookcases, and a display case from Ikea. I also have a cork board for my pins.